Delhi Gang Rapists sentenced to Death

So basically when someone is raped then they are likley to be murdered afterwards. Dead women tell no tales, and you are not risking a greater sentence...

How about the death penalty for murderers and life in prison for rapists. With no chance of release. That would solve your problem.

That would make you an hypocrite.

Whats the point in rehabilitation if you intend to ostracise them?

Why would it make me a hypocrite? I gather you're not simply because you'd execute them?

If I offered employment to a sex offender I would be putting my children (girls) in direct harms way, why would I or anyone else do that? and at the same time advocate rehabilitation where the offender isn't given temptation. You advocate that paedophiles are misunderstood and should be welcomed into society so that society is able to understand. Why not just execute them too?

So you think rape is acceptable in some circumstances, but not others.

If this was the law, then yes.

Think of the Nuremberg trials, those who were hung as a result of the decision reached at the trial, were duly executed, according to the law. Their atrocities resulted in the murder of millions and the law rightly put them to death.

If this was the law, then yes.

Think of the Nuremberg trials, those who were hung as a result of the decision reached at the trial, were duly executed, according to the law. Their atrocities resulted in the murder of millions and the law rightly put them to death.

Don`t you think it`s the easiest way out possible?

I would much prefer death to a lifetime of living in a cramped cell with utter terrible living conditions and not knowing who is after you or when for what you have done which is what they are like in India.

Death is just the easiest option in the world.

Did you know it costs more to sentence someone to death in America than lock them up for their entire lifetime?

James Holmes: Death Penalty Costs 3x More Than a Life Sentence ....

http://www.policymic.com/articles/32255/james-holmes-death-penalty-may-be-deserved-but-it-isn-t-worth-it

So not only do they get off easy by not suffering a lifetime of being boxed up they cost the taxpayer more money.

Don`t you think it`s the easiest way out possible?

I would much prefer death to a lifetime of living in a cramped cell with utter terrible living conditions and not knowing who is after you or when for what you have done which is what they are like in India.

Death is just the easiest option in the world.

Did you know it costs more to sentence someone to death in America than lock them up for their entire lifetime?

Thats only because of the endless appeals, find them guilty, one appeal and if still guilty, straight to the execution chamber, much cheaper than life in prison.

Thats only because of the endless appeals, find them guilty, one appeal and if still guilty, straight to the execution chamber, much cheaper than life in prison.

No it`s the pursuit of the death penalty that takes a lot.

Note the words "pursuit of" here. In Nevada, pursuit of the death penalty takes, on average, 1211 hours more time for public defenders per case than similar non-capital cases. Kansas spends roughly 70% more on each death penalty case, and Maryland spends nearly $3 million per case, or about 3 times what it costs to pursue non-capital convictions. California spends nearly $170 million per year under its current death penalty system, and could save an estimated $5 to $7 billion over the next fifty years if such sentences were reduced to life without parole.

No it`s the pursuit of the death penalty that takes a lot.

Note the words "pursuit of" here. In Nevada, pursuit of the death penalty takes, on average, 1211 hours more time for public defenders per case than similar non-capital cases. Kansas spends roughly 70% more on each death penalty case, and Maryland spends nearly $3 million per case, or about 3 times what it costs to pursue non-capital convictions. California spends nearly $170 million per year under its current death penalty system, and could save an estimated $5 to $7 billion over the next fifty years if such sentences were reduced to life without parole.

Thanks for that, thats something I didn't know, it looks like they need to make the pursuit of the death penalty much easier and cheaper.

Archived