Term time school holidays

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

His whole conjecture that "he has to go to NZ and Australia in their summer and our winter" is absolute cobblers too, how cold does he think Australia and NZ are in July and August, its hardly Baltic conditions for crying out loud.

If he wanted he could go in April, during the 2 weeks holiday, meaning he only has to pull his spawn out of school for ONE week rather than two.

Or, just go in July/August.

Queenstown NZ - - Sheffield 

January  temp av high/low in degrees

9.7 to 21.7 - - 2.2 to 7.0 (Queenstown about 11 degrees warmer)

August temp av high/low in degrees

0.1 to 9.9 - - 12.6 to 20.8 (Sheffield about 11 degrees warmer)

January monthly hours of sunshine

230 - - 50  (Queenstown about 180 hrs extra hours of sunshine)

August monthly hours of sunshine

120 - - 181 (Sheffield about 60 extra hours of sunshine)

Only an idiot would choose to go on holiday to NZ, esp the South Island, in our summer.

You would be missing our summer for their winter and vice verse.

Do you know much about geography at all ?

QED

Edited by Chekhov

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You on the South Island for 3 weeks then? 

No, we are there for about 11 days but I cannot be bothered to do the same for Sydney because anyone with half a brain would know Sydney would be preferable to Sheffield in January.

Unless of course they happened to like the dark, the cold and the rain (or snow).

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just wait until he finds out how expensive Australia and New Zealand are....

I already have, and the price of a camper van is ludicrous.

One of the main reason ?

Because travel to NZ and AUS was banned for years an d this is the bounce back. One more reason for me to feel aggrieved because I was never in favour of all that madness anyway. 

That said, NZ would probably have a better argument than most other countries for having taken the travel restrictions.

45 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are trolling now.

You said I was making it up that hardly any parents were in favour of fines for term time holidays of one week, but you then say you don't want to actually ask any parents (so as to prove it to yourself). To make matters worse you then ignore the proof I put on here.

You are wrong but arguing for the sake of it, as is common on internet forums.....

>>You just don't like the rules which everybody else has to accept.<<

I have already proved that hardly any parents agree with them.

Additionally you are showing your hypocrisy because you were arguing the Nett Zero extremists were right to stop thousands of people going about their every day business (by closing roads etc).

You really are a massive hypocrite.

>>You should cancel the holiday<<

Cancel a three week holiday to South Korea, AUS and NZ ?

You really are trolling now, or off your head.

The onus is on you to prove what you've said because I think you're lying.  You are the only one with this predicament and everyone else id doing fine.

If you didn't cry about it then it wouldn't be so  bad but you never stop whining like a big kid.

I repeat,  you just like to break every rule.   Every other parent can manage except Chekhov the rulebreaker.

See it as trolling if you like but a holiday is a luxury and not a necessity.

38 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Only an idiot would choose to go on holiday to NZ, esp the South Island, in our summer.

You would be missing our summer for their winter and vice verse.

Do you know much about geography at all ?

Surprised you are not doing that then.

53 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

The onus is on you to prove what you've said because I think you're lying.  You are the only one with this predicament and everyone else id doing fine.

If you didn't cry about it then it wouldn't be so  bad but you never stop whining like a big kid.

I repeat,  you just like to break every rule.   Every other parent can manage except Chekhov the rulebreaker.

See it as trolling if you like but a holiday is a luxury and not a necessity.

You are obviously trolling as you do not really want to know the truth of the matter. 

You have already said you are unwilling to talk to any parents to find out the truth "from the horses mouth".

I hesitate to put on the other proof again (that I have already done once) as the fact you never read it teaches us that there really is none so blind as those who will not see, but just to re-prove the point :

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/04/support-term-time-holidays-increases

the proportion of people who think that families should not be allowed to take their kids out of school to go on holiday has dropped from 40% three years ago to 30% now.

I can assure you that after Covid, and the shutting of schools for 7 months, it will be much less than 30% now. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/parents-hit-hefty-school-fine-26830747

However, following the pandemic, the annual fine total has leapt by 257 per cent

And I can only repeat I have never spoken with any parent - face to face - who supports fines for taking kids out of school for one week a year, which is what I oppose. One week a year should be allowed, or, to allow for longer holidays, one week a year averaged out over 2 or 3 years.

You are at least consistent, just like with "Nett Zero" you support the population being told what to do against their will and without any opportunity to vote against it.

The last sentence betrays your motivations.

You are a natural authoritarian who thinks your view of what people should have to expect from life should be imposed on them.

What was it you said, we shouldn't ask the population if they want nett zero (and no more flying on holiday) "because turkeys wouldn't vote for Christmas".

>>a holiday is a luxury and not a necessity.<<

In your view, and, as we have discovered, what people want to do is of no interest to you.

Your view is why should people have anything but necessities ?

Let them live in cold houses, rarely fly off on holiday (if at all, and never long haul) and use public transport only (or use expensive electric vehicles charged by the mile). 

6 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You are obviously trolling as you do not really want to know the truth of the matter. 

You have already said you are unwilling to talk to any parents to find out the truth "from the horses mouth".

I hesitate to put on the other proof again (that I have already done once) as the fact you never read it teaches us that there really is none so blind as those who will not see, but just to re-prove the point :

You have put no proof on here whatsoever and it appears that you are just making it up. The onus is on you to provide proof,  not on me to do it..  I still think you are lying.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/04/support-term-time-holidays-increases

the proportion of people who think that families should not be allowed to take their kids out of school to go on holiday has dropped from 40% three years ago to 30% now.

I can assure you that after Covid, and the shutting of schools for 7 months, it will be much less than 30% now. 

I suppose a similar proportion would also back free drugs fom the government but that won't happen either.   There are rules which you should stick to.

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/parents-hit-hefty-school-fine-26830747

However, following the pandemic, the annual fine total has leapt by 257 per cent

Not interested in the pandemic

And I can only repeat I have never spoken with any parent - face to face - who supports fines for taking kids out of school for one week a year, which is what I oppose. One week a year should be allowed, or, to allow for longer holidays, one week a year averaged out over 2 or 3 years.

Only you says that with no proof

You are at least consistent, just like with "Nett Zero" you support the population being told what to do against their will and without any opportunity to vote against it.

We are not discussing net zero so stop trying to change the subject.

The last sentence betrays your motivations.

You are a natural authoritarian who thinks your view of what people should have to expect from life should be imposed on them.

What was it you said, we shouldn't ask the population if they want nett zero (and no more flying on holiday) "because turkeys wouldn't vote for Christmas".

Again,   We are not discussing net zero   -   are yyou loopy or someting.

>>a holiday is a luxury and not a necessity.<<

In your view, and, as we have discovered, what people want to do is of no interest to you.

Your view is why should people have anything but necessities ?

Let them live in cold houses, rarely fly off on holiday (if at all, and never long haul) and use public transport only (or use expensive electric vehicles charged by the mile). 

You came on here crying, as usual about getting fined and wanting other opinions.   You could have not mentioned it at all and just gone on holiday.  If you post,  you get peoples reactions.

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

No, we are there for about 11 days but I cannot be bothered to do the same for Sydney because anyone with half a brain would know Sydney would be preferable to Sheffield in January.

Unless of course they happened to like the dark, the cold and the rain (or snow).

I already have, and the price of a camper van is ludicrous.

One of the main reason ?

Because travel to NZ and AUS was banned for years an d this is the bounce back. One more reason for me to feel aggrieved because I was never in favour of all that madness anyway. 

That said, NZ would probably have a better argument than most other countries for having taken the travel restrictions.

Why was travel banned to NZ and Oz ?