Term time school holidays

Teaching must be one of very few, if not the only profession where holiday entitlement is not specified in terms and conditions of their employment contract, they dont get any ;)

The one I was courting must have been the exemption then with regards to the number of holidays taken.

Guest sibon
Teaching must be one of very few, if not the only profession where holiday entitlement is not specified in terms and conditions of their employment contract, they dont get any ;)

The one I was courting must have been the exemption then with regards to the number of holidays taken.

Teachers are contractualy required to work for no more than 195 days per year.

It is reasonable to assume that the rest of the year is made up of weekends and holidays. So, I'm not sure what sort of point El Cid is trying to make.

Teachers are contractualy required to work for no more than 195 days per year.

It is reasonable to assume that the rest of the year is made up of weekends and holidays. So, I'm not sure what sort of point El Cid is trying to make.

No me neither? By law everyone must get a minimum 28 days(pro rata) including bank holidays or time off in lieu of bank holidays. This doesn't need to be written into anyone's contract as it's the legal minimum, same as minimum wage.

No me neither? By law everyone must get a minimum 28 days(pro rata) including bank holidays or time off in lieu of bank holidays. This doesn't need to be written into anyone's contract as it's the legal minimum, same as minimum wage.

Now now. Brexit will see to this insanity too! Imagine guaranteed holidays!

Technically - it's a minimum 5.6 weeks of leave per year and that's themaximum they must give you. If you were to work six days a week instead of 5 then you sadly are not entitled to get more holidays (although some places do give them to you)

It's the parents who want to go abroad, children are happy on a beach happily digging and paddling no matter what the weather any where around Britain.

Don`t agree with that at all. My 3 year old (now just 4) won`t even swim in Tenerife in January (water temp approx. 20 degrees), there`s absolutely no chance of him swimming in the sea anywhere around the UK. We've just come back from Barbados (we spoilt ourselves because we've just moved house) and on his 4th birthday he went swimming with turtles, a fabulous life experience I`m sure you`ll agree, and probably one that very few 4 year olds have ever done.

I`d agree that, in reasonable weather, most toddlers and very young kids would just as soon play on the beach in the UK as anywhere else, but that begs the question from what age do you start educating them, culturally I mean ? Older kids obviously get more out of travel abroad. Sadly missing school becomes more of an issue then, so it probably balances out.

Edited by Justin Smith

An experience that he's unlikely to remember very clearly by the time he's 6 and presumably he's not even in school at the age of 4 anyway.

I dont agree; people reinforce memories and keep them going. Simple things like learning to swim or just confidence in water can be a life-long experience.