Term time school holidays

14 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

You have put no proof on here whatsoever and it appears that you are just making it up. The onus is on you to provide proof,  not on me to do it..  I still think you are lying.

I have put loads of proof on, and you have specifically said you do not want to find out for yourself anyway. You are lying now as well as trolling, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Just out of interest, who do you think you are fooling ?

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

I have put loads of proof on, and you have specifically said you do not want to find out for yourself anyway. You are lying now as well as trolling, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Just out of interest, who do you think you are fooling ?

Telling us what some other parent said to you  ( you claim ) is not proof.

You are welcome to prove that I am lying anytime and I will apologise.

You would make a fine lawyer in court.

You're the liar and you're the rule breaker and you're the one who spends their whole life crying and screaming at everything you don't like.

It's all down to your being a narcissist as I told you before.

59 minutes ago, Organgrinder said:

Telling us what some other parent said to you  ( you claim ) is not proof.

You are welcome to prove that I am lying anytime and I will apologise.

You would make a fine lawyer in court.

You're the liar and you're the rule breaker and you're the one who spends their whole life crying and screaming at everything you don't like.

It's all down to your being a narcissist as I told you before.

I am tempted to just put you on ignore as you are really getting tiresome, but we 'll try once more shall we ?.

I said hardly any parents (none I have spoken to) are in favour of fining parents for taking their kids out of school for one week a year.

You said you did not believe me implying most did agree with it.

I proved you wrong :

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/04/support-term-time-holidays-increases

the proportion of people who think that families should not be allowed to take their kids out of school to go on holiday has dropped from 40% three years ago to 30% now.

I can assure you that after Covid, and the shutting of schools for 7 months, it will be much less than 30% now. The above survey was 2017 (i.e. pre the 7 month school shutdown), and now :

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/parents-hit-hefty-school-fine-26830747

However, following the pandemic, the annual fine total has leapt by 257 per cent

Edited by Chekhov

The English state school system is paid for from general taxation (that means everybody and every business company and organization). It is not just for the benefit of the parents or the child- more importantly an educated population benefits the whole economy. Some political parties would like to give the impression that parents have some choice and  some control-they do not except at a cosmetic level.

The biggest concern for successive Governments is lifting attainment levels of English children- the single biggest factor affecting this is(they think) attendance. The single biggest educational measure of a failing school is attendance(safeguarding as well). The  disruption caused by unauthorised absence on the performance of children is well established. Poor attendance figures are a red flag to Ofsted who will do a snap inspection just on those figures. Of much less importance to the state, the school and parents is the impact absence has on the classroom. Absent pupils loose out, other pupils lose out and teachers lose out, attainment drops and behaviour worsens.

Instead of asking should parents be fined for taking children out of school for three weeks in Mablethorpe, ask the same parents if other parents should be allowed to adversely affect their children's education.

If you don't like the state system you can buy or provide your own. 

4 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am tempted to just put you on ignore as you are really getting tiresome, but we 'll try once more shall we ?.

I said hardly any parents (none I have spoken to) are in favour of fining parents for taking their kids out of school for one week a year.

You said you did not believe me implying most did agree with it.

I proved you wrong :

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2017/04/04/support-term-time-holidays-increases

the proportion of people who think that families should not be allowed to take their kids out of school to go on holiday has dropped from 40% three years ago to 30% now.

I can assure you that after Covid, and the shutting of schools for 7 months, it will be much less than 30% now. The above survey was 2017 (i.e. pre the 7 month school shutdown), and now :

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/parents-hit-hefty-school-fine-26830747

However, following the pandemic, the annual fine total has leapt by 257 per cent

If you wish to put me on ignore, then do so - wouldn't matter to me at all.

I have already told you that I don't follow links but, in this case, I did and read what it said. 

That statement still makes no difference whatsoever to the rules because we don't have a system whereby you can ignore them just because a certain number don't like them.

Rules are there to make us behave and the authorities are not interested in whether we actually like the rules or not.  WE JUST HAVE TO OBEY THEM BY LAW.

But who cares?    Take your holiday and pay the fine but,  for god's sake,  stop crying about it   -   and about Covid   -   and about rent regulations.  You just never stop whining.

On 26/05/2023 at 12:48, Annie Bynnol said:

The English state school system is paid for from general taxation (that means everybody and every business company and organization). It is not just for the benefit of the parents or the child- more importantly an educated population benefits the whole economy. Some political parties would like to give the impression that parents have some choice and  some control-they do not except at a cosmetic level.

The biggest concern for successive Governments is lifting attainment levels of English children- the single biggest factor affecting this is(they think) attendance. The single biggest educational measure of a failing school is attendance(safeguarding as well). The  disruption caused by unauthorised absence on the performance of children is well established. Poor attendance figures are a red flag to Ofsted who will do a snap inspection just on those figures. Of much less importance to the state, the school and parents is the impact absence has on the classroom. Absent pupils loose out, other pupils lose out and teachers lose out, attainment drops and behaviour worsens.

Instead of asking should parents be fined for taking children out of school for three weeks in Mablethorpe, ask the same parents if other parents should be allowed to adversely affect their children's education.

If you don't like the state system you can buy or provide your own. 

I absolutely agree with you, I am not a parent yet, I am a schoolboy but I understand this perfectly.

• 1 month later...

Our lad had a 99.4% attendance this school year, most years it's about that.

If we take him out for 2 weeks next year that'd be an attendance of 95%.

Let's go for 99.4%, 95% and, say, 98% for the third year, then over three years, that'd be an average of 97.5%.

Better than most workers I'd have thought.

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Our lad had a 99.4% attendance this school year, most years it's about that.

If we take him out for 2 weeks next year that'd be an attendance of 95%.

Let's go for 99.4%, 95% and, say, 98% for the third year, then over three years, that'd be an average of 97.5%.

Better than most workers I'd have thought.

My daughter was similar, she did extra hours and days sometimes, to get better grades.

So its really 100% attendance or higher.

Term time penalties are just a tax on ordinary people, those going to private school have more holidays and dont have penalty fines.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, El Cid said:

My daughter was similar, she did extra hours and days sometimes, to get better grades.

So its really 100% attendance or higher.

Term time penalties are just a tax on ordinary people, those going to private school have more holidays and dont have penalty fines.

Incl all the extra tuition we give our lad (mainly, but not exclusively, maths) he'll be way over 100 % even in the year we take him for two weeks to go to AUS & NZ.....

6 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Incl all the extra tuition we give our lad (mainly, but not exclusively, maths) he'll be way over 100 % even in the year we take him for two weeks to go to AUS & NZ.....

>100% attendance in Maths.

Claimed without a hint of irony.

I thought that you didn’t do jokes.

• Haha 2