Sunny smiles, it worked so well

nernard

Can anyone remember the 'Sunny smiles' booklets? these booklets had a child's' photograph and a tear off strip. You paid what you could afford and the idea was that you had somehow contributed to that child's care. I know it seems unethical now but it did work. You could give pennies and feel you had helped. My Mum and Dad gave me and my sister sixpence every time to buy a picture, I bought loads and was really proud of myself that I had helped these children. Why can't we do something like that now, some of the old ideas work better than any new ones. xx:)

Can anyone remember the 'Sunny smiles' booklets? these booklets had a child's' photograph and a tear off strip. You paid what you could afford and the idea was that you had somehow contributed to that child's care. I know it seems unethical now but it did work. You could give pennies and feel you had helped. My Mum and Dad gave me and my sister sixpence every time to buy a picture, I bought loads and was really proud of myself that I had helped these children. Why can't we do something like that now, some of the old ideas work better than any new ones. xx:)

Oh yes I remember these, we use to get our from the School with a little cardboard savings box to put the money you had collected in, which always fell apart and had to be stuck back together with sticky tape.

Archived