'As sore as a boil'Any ideas to ease it?

Looker

This last week I've had personal experience of an old saying, 'as sore as a boil'. OMG I just didn't realize what a pain in the **** they can be. Mine has developed above my buttock. I've been put on antibiotics by the doctor,( walk in centre because as normal no appointments available at local docs! ) started them 2 days ago . Anyone had any experience of these afflictions? How long after starting antibiotics do they kick in and start to ease the pain? Which is better, to let the antibiotics do their work or go to A and E to get it lanced? Has anyone got any old remedies to cure or ease these nasty blighters? Tried a hot bottle over the boil to try and draw it - not worked. Do not fancy sticking a needle into it incase of infection. Any ideas anyone?

This last week I've had personal experience of an old saying, 'as sore as a boil'. OMG I just didn't realize what a pain in the **** they can be. Mine has developed above my buttock. I've been put on antibiotics by the doctor,( walk in centre because as normal no appointments available at local docs! ) started them 2 days ago . Anyone had any experience of these afflictions? How long after starting antibiotics do they kick in and start to ease the pain? Which is better, to let the antibiotics do their work or go to A and E to get it lanced? Has anyone got any old remedies to cure or ease these nasty blighters? Tried a hot bottle over the boil to try and draw it - not worked. Do not fancy sticking a needle into it incase of infection. Any ideas anyone?

Draw it out with a sterilised bottle?

Get missus to suck it out? (ask her where she's been first though)

Stick with the FULL course of antibiotics, it takes a while to get going. Don't squeeze as you could send the stuff into deeper tissue. Use lavender or tee tree oil direct or a few drops with the hot water bathing. Boil wash your linen and add a few drops of lavender oil to a bath every week to keep the blighters away.

Many thanks for your replies. Ill keep tryin everything till it goes. just need a decent nights sleep because every time I turn over onto it, its waking me up. Standing up is painful, sitting down is painful and everything in between and I just feel crap.

Vacuum drawing works well on boils.. boil a kettle well, direct the steam into a glass for a few seconds, cover glass with a piece of cardboard, and apply it over boil, sliding cardboard aside at last minute. As glass cools, steam will condense, creating vacuum and sucking boil contents out - far safer than squeezing. And steam tends to sterilise. Warning: only direct steam into glass for a second or tow to displace the air - too much and you will get scalded when applying glass to skin.

Archived