'As sore as a boil'Any ideas to ease it?

Looker

Turmeric-

http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/5550/1/How-to-Cure-Your-Boils-Naturally.html

"Turmeric -- Turmeric taken internally can help dissolve and heal boils in as little as three days. It has anti-inflammatory and blood purifying effects on the body. Just take one teaspoon of turmeric powder in warm water three times a day or buy turmeric in capsule form and take at least 450 mg each day. You can also make a paste out of the turmeric powder and place it directly on the boil and cover it with gauze. Be careful as turmeric can stain your skin and your clothes. The stain on your skin will go away in about two weeks."

It really works.

Turmeric treats many ailments.

I see also honey has been mentioned. When I use turmeric topically, I mix the powder into some 'Dr Organics manuka honey skin cream' they sell this at Holland and Barrett, you could pick up some turmeric capsules while there.

I cure athletes foot (but have orange toes) and have cured piles also with it, never to return (so far)

I've read though as regards capsules, the body absorbs it better if cooked in food or dissolved in hot milk.

Antibiotics aren't much help, they may help cure it in the short term but not good in the long term.

My post was about diet, but most people like to deal with the symptoms and as for the cause, well who cares.

Most diseases and infection are relatively new to our species, and are the result of the shift in diet through the development of agriculture. Of course some would suggest prayer which also relieves pain for some, but we all love the symptoms, so slap on something new every day and pray!

If its not improved or burst after your course of antibiotics I'd go back. To me it sounded like a pilodonial cyst ( the area it's in) . Sometimes they need stronger treatment or incision. I suffer with a condition where I get frequent boils / cysts. So I share your pain.

Ignore comments about diet. Definatly try the manuka honey or magnesium sulphate, I've seen good results. Otherwise go to a&e for it incised. I will warn you you'll wait ages as you need a dr, there is a chance that you'll get kept in 3 days for intensive iv antibiotics, but the least they'll do is incise it without numbing it ( which honestly it's more of a relief than anything) . Good luck

Thanks Brentner. Article was interesting reading. I am now a week in from when it started and day 5 of taking antibiotics. Yesterday was a good day, the pain eased a little, actually got comfortable sitting and standing. This thing has grown to about 4" across, all hard swelling and sooo sore to touch. OH caught it while sleeping, nearly left bed and hit ceiling! A small white spot has appeared on it, so maybe its getting ready to go. But after it easing yesterday, I've got up this morning to make a cuppa and the pain there was constant. After a soak in hot bath this morning, I'm off to chemist to get some magnesium sulphate and some dressings maybe ask for some advice while I'm there. I'm going to tryand find some Manuka honey too. Hopefully, this thread will help someone else in future who ends up with the same affliction. Thanks to everyone.

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 12:26 ----------

Right folks. Been this morning to Holland and Barratt. Bought Manuka honey and it is slapped on my buttock as we speak. But sorry to be the bearer of bad news Rachgee, SkyeEdge and jfish1936 but Chemists and Boots stopped selling Magnesium Sulphate a while ago. So, Angos I'm with you now and the Manuka honey. Couldn't believe the prices, paid just over £7 for a jar of 250g. GOt to be good stuff. Nothing ventured, nothing gained though. Fingers crossed.

---------- Post added 18-09-2013 at 09:44 ----------

Update; yesterday applied Manuka with a dressing, changed it 3 times and washed in cooled boiled salted water. Did the suction process with the mug before applying the last change of Manuka and dressing before going to bed. Within an hour of applying the Manuka yesterday morning, it actually eased. It worked. It still hasn't come to a head but at least pain is subsiding. Even had Manuka on toast this morning for breakfast...rather tasty. Wish I had realised though the different strengths of this before I bought it though. Read upon its properties, luckily I bought the 'active' one, but I chose the +5bottle. Should of gone for the +10 or even +15 as these have higher bacterial quantities and would of worked better.

---------- Post added 18-09-2013 at 12:11 ----------

Been to doctors this morning because on cleaning this boil/abscess it was very red and angry looking the lump under it is still large. doc has confirmed that its an abscess and put me on more antibiotics. Have to go back on Tuesday, if it is still there, he will be sending me off to A and E.

Archived