Disclosure of Confidential Information

My private pension was over quoted by my pension scheme & I am at the Ombudsman stage with the appeal, as I left my full time job as a result of this misinformation.

During the investigation, I have discovered that my former employer requested details of my pension without my authority or knowledge & asked that it be sent "via the employer."

At the time I was being subjected to disciplinary proceedings which were dropped.

Can anyone tell me whether the pension scheme are allowed to give out members' information without gaining their consent or making them aware that it has been requested by a third party?

Your information, bank details the lot are for sale, including medical history. You are just something to trade, well according to the Snowden revelations.

Also you are lucky to still get a pension as they have all been sold financial products to increase their value. Sadly it wozz the banks that sold them, and one day soon they will realise that the value stated is not the value one can be realised. If they can do it to greece then pension funds are fair game, as one has already found out in the USA.

If long term investment then cash in as much a possible and convert to gold bullion, or have you not heard there is not a bank in the western world that is not insolvent?

Cant think why they should. Your employers money is going into it just as much if not more than your own.

I would have thought their interests and disclosure of the information is just as valid as yours.

However, I am not a commercial lawyer so someone feel free to correct me.

Archived