Beck road primary school Shiregreen

geetee

I remember the Hudsons of Dunning Terrace who went to Beck Road School.

Michael, David, Sylvia & Lesley Hudson.

I was at Beck Road from 1953-59 and lived across the road from the Hudsons, in Dunninc Terrace, no. 23. I remember Miss Vornishun? (spelling, have no idea!) then we went up into Mrs. White's class, them Nr. Midgely, then Miss Wadsworth. Mr. Hill and Mr. Ellis were there too and the headmaster was Mr. Churchyard. I can recal about 40 of the 44 names of the kids in my class - how sad is that?

---------- Post added 26-07-2016 at 19:26 ----------

dear legs 49 can you give me any more names of any boys /girls that went would love to remember any do you remember play house in corner on bottom coridoore excuse my spelling too wernt there that day

Names of some of the kids in the class of 1959: Anne Aubrey, Susan Damms, Margaret Beddard, Ann Johns, Susan Tether, Julia Snape, Janet Russell, Susan Mitchell, Marcia Clayton, Judith Sherratt, Brenda Downend, Alan Chittenden, Peter Simons, Brian Grundy, David Barnes, John Keyworth, Joseph Clegg, Roger Balme, Lynn Hibbard, Sylvia Kelcher, Billy Farr, Graham Cliff, Christine France, Cynthia Wragg, Gary Bullock, Christine Carr, David Atkins, Ian Burkinshaw, Brian Crump, Sandra Hague, Pat Askew, Carol Glenn, give me time I might remember the rest!

• 4 weeks later...
Me and my partner were thinking back to when we were at school and we were trying to remember the names of the teachers, all we could remember were:-:huh:

Mrs (Miss) Woods

Miss Hawke

Mr Ellis

Miss Wandsworth

Mr Gill

Can anyone out there remember any more?

Mrs Tomlinson who had just started a year or so before we went to Hatfield House lane in 1961.She lived on the corner of Pitsmoor road and Minna Road.I think the headmaster was Mr Churchward could be wrong but it rings a bell.Remember Mrs Hawke who used to throw the blackboard rubber at you if caught talking and a Mr Hill a tall grey haired teacher who never had a word for you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I went to Beck Road in the early sixties, Ican remember Mr Churchward, Mr Ellis and Miss Varnishun. Miss Varnishun always dressed in dark clothes and she always wore a tie a frightning woman especially when your'e only 9.

My sister has just told me Mr Ellis has just passed away at the age of 91, he was one of the better teachers

Hi I went to Beck Road in the early sixties, Ican remember Mr Churchward, Mr Ellis and Miss Varnishun. Miss Varnishun always dressed in dark clothes and she always wore a tie a frightning woman especially when your'e only 9.

My sister has just told me Mr Ellis has just passed away at the age of 91, he was one of the better teachers

I sorry to here about Mr Ellis he was a teacher most kids would remember he was great.I suppose there will not be many of them left now when you think of our ages but it just feels like a few years ago and not fifty .Miss Varnishum was different as you say but she was very caring and I found her great to but I could not make my mind up wether to call her miss or mr.Happy memories.