Should the veil be banned in schools?

vinyl

Should school children be prevented from veiling up at school?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should school children be prevented from veiling up at school?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

An interesting perspective from the views of a sensible Muslim woman prior to the ban of the burqa in France.>http://community.feministing.com/2009/06/29/what_about_the_muslim_women_wh/

This about sums it up.

Many women are vulnerable to this propaganda and so their so-called choice to wear a burqa may not be the result of independent, informed decision-making. Moreover, even an independent decision to wear a burqa is not carried out in a vacuum. It is important to understand the effect of this choice on other Muslim women, many of whom may be trying to resist the pressure of their relatives, their community or their governments to wear the burqa. Their resistance is undermined when the burqa becomes increasingly common in public places, and becomes more closely associated with the religion of Islam.

So when one Muslim women chooses to wear it she adversely affects many other Muslim women.

They are the same issue to me.
So do you make your children wear school uniform when they're not at school?

No he didn't, he rules that the jury, barristers and he must be able to see her face, she will be screened from public view which is something most criminals aren't offered but might want.

If it serves the needs of justice being seen to be done then I'm not going to argue with the judge.

Its only different to you because somethings offend you and somethings don't, if we are to ban the things that offend some people, then we should ban the things that offend other people, some people find the burqa more offensive than a few words on a T shirt.

So let's not ban anything then, burkas and offensive slogans on t-shirts, happy now?

Crazy, in Muslim countries women are fighting so they don't HAVE to wear the veil

In England, women are fighting to they CAN wear the veil.

If I wanted a country that had siestas I'd go and live in Spain

I doubt very much that there are many Muslim women fighting for their right to wear it, there will be a fare few non Muslim do gooders fighting their corner though, and a few Muslim men that want to continue oppressing their women.

Crazy, in Muslim countries women are fighting so they don't HAVE to wear the veil

In England, women are fighting to they CAN wear the veil.

If I wanted a country that had siestas I'd go and live in Spain

Are you saying you don't have a kip in the afternoon?!

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 16:41 ----------

I doubt very much that there are many Muslim women fighting for their right to wear it, there will be a fare few non Muslim do gooders fighting their corner though, and a few Muslim men that want to continue oppressing their women.

Why do you very much doubt it, do you know any of the people whose behaviour you're speculating about?

So do you make your children wear school uniform when they're not at school?
I didn't make my children wear anything.

So let's not ban anything then, burkas and offensive slogans on t-shirts, happy now?

I could live with that but I think there would be a few unhappy people.

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 16:47 ----------

A

Why do you very much doubt it, do you know any of the people whose behaviour you're speculating about?

Yes................

Perhaps you should investigate how correct you are before you share any further opinion on the subject???

Archived