Should the veil be banned in schools?

vinyl

Should school children be prevented from veiling up at school?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should school children be prevented from veiling up at school?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't know.

Whats harsh about giving my children the freedom to choose.
It was a joke angos, your comment could be read in a different way :)

What people wear or not wear doesn't bother me one way or another, so no it wouldn't make me happy.

So why are we having this gritty interchange?

---------- Post added 16-09-2013 at 20:44 ----------

There wouldn't be any point which is why I haven't suggested it, I don't want to see the veil banned, but I would support legislation that makes it an offence to hide ones identity whilst in a public place, like towns and cities, airports and banks.

Haha..so effectively you want it banned!

It was a joke angos, your comment could be read in a different way :)

Got it now. :D

So why are we having this gritty interchange?

Because its the purpose of this forum, its serves only one purpose and that is for people to talk about stuff.

Haha..so effectively you want it banned!

Banning something would mean it is illegal to own it, I don't have a problem with anyone owning a veil and wearing it in the privacy of their own home.

I don't realty have a problem with Muslims women wearing them out in public. But I don't want to see groups of people roaming round meadowhall in balaclavas and the only way to prevent that is to make it an offense to hide your identity whilst in public places.

I think you just contradicted yourself there.

Unless you want to argue that the veil isn't a religious symbol?

I dont think the veil IS a religious symbol. It is merely a method used by men to denigrate and repress women and as such should be banned everywhere.

Archived