Stairlift problem

sh123

Hi all, My mothers superglide 120 stairlift has developed a problem and I was wondering if anyone else has come across this before. I tried phoning the original installer ( we bought it second hand a few months ago) but they say it's an out of date model and we should upgrade to a new one. Not likely as it's working perfectly apart from a beep alarm I can't stop.It goes up, it goes down, all the safety stops work correctly when I press them, and the charger is ok as the batteries are both holding 12.8 volts each when tested. It's just this annoying beep, pause,beep beep that's ongoing whatever position the lifts in.Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated as mother is wary of using it even though I have assured her that it's working fine.

Thanks in anticipation for any advice:thumbsup:

What would be a "normal" reason for the bleep to sound if there was no fault?

If you park the chair off the charging point then you get a bleep to tell you it's not in the right place, but this other bleep continues in the background no matter where it's parked.

The charger is putting out 15v ac and as she uses the chair three or four times a week I assume if the charge was not getting to the batteries they would have been flat by now. Thanks for taking an interest.

yes I have the user manual which is the same as the online one. Everythings been done twice to double check and I've had a multi meter on both charge points to check for power and also cleaned the pickups on the chair. The manual doesn't mention beep codes, they just keep saying contact your service agent and as I said earlier they just want to sell mother a new stairlift even though I told them it's working ok apart from the beep. I'm thinking about just disabling the beeper as it's annoying.

It's only used when a carer is with her so there shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

---------- Post added 19-09-2013 at 09:51 ----------

I will also get my brother (who visits her every day as she lives down at Burton on Trent) to test all the safety stops at regular intervals.

PS thanks for the offer dogsneck but as you see she's not local to the area.

Archived