Policing EDL at Lane Top

Doom

Well, that's just not true though, is it, even if you might feel like that sort of rhetorical-sounding statement is what proves a point.

No, it's true, but you wont admit it.

Please tell me how you being there helps make the streets a safer place exactly ? You can't, because i'm spot on. Just one more body for the police to worry about.

If you'd anything about you, you'd stay away, like all decent folk will.

The edl and their local supporters are in for a shock, the areas bordering lane top have plenty of ethnics and the s5 hotheads one or two people mention are no trouble as they are pussycats compared to the counter protesters I hear are going to welcome the edl.

Roll on Saturday!!!

well i hope you are wrong, i hope uaf or any other group stays away.

let them have there protest and march , then they will go, end of.

Now, if there is a counter march, then there will be trouble, as last time. both sides where fighting and calling each other and both where to blame,

But uaf where at fault as they decided to march on the day edl where, only after edl had arange the march, so basically they created the trouble by going.

as for your other remark, becareful theres quite afew that might not like edl around there, but if it became a fight about race, then theres a bloody lot that would join in, and edl would end up thinking they got might on there side for the wrong reasons !

I wonder if the edl would be allowed to cover their faces on this demo?? White hoods or balaclavas??? In the interests of fairness and diversity ?? And before anyone says anything I don't agree in any way with edl politics or views but I defend their right to express it!

That makes the presumption that anyone else is allowed to cover their face up.

---------- Post added 18-09-2013 at 15:55 ----------

Hi all. Some of you might have heard about the EDL's plans to protest on Saturday 21st against a rumoured plan to turn the Pheasant pub on Barnsley Road into a mosque. This story was proved not to be true, but they intend to march anyway.

You are wrong, the plan to turn The Pheasant pub into a mosque was true however the plans were drop because they could not raise enough funds to pay for it but they are look at other properties in the area.

Wasn't much of a plan then was it?

well i hope you are wrong, i hope uaf or any other group stays away.

let them have there protest and march , then they will go, end of.

Now, if there is a counter march, then there will be trouble, as last time. both sides where fighting and calling each other and both where to blame,

But uaf where at fault as they decided to march on the day edl where, only after edl had arange the march, so basically they created the trouble by going.

as for your other remark, becareful theres quite afew that might not like edl around there, but if it became a fight about race, then theres a bloody lot that would join in, and edl would end up thinking they got might on there side for the wrong reasons !

My bold=

I actually live in s5 and this is not a fight about race it's a fight against racists, if a bloody lot want to join in than that would be because they are racists.

People don't protest against the EDL because of what race they are as the EDL also has black people in its ranks, it's about protesting against racists/fascists.

[/b]

My bold=

I actually live in s5 and this is not a fight about race it's a fight against racists, if a bloody lot want to join in than that would be because they are racists.

People don't protest against the EDL because of what race they are as the EDL also has black people in its ranks, it's about protesting against racists/fascists.

I just choose to ignore them, and the UAF.

Even if some Sikhs did attend, that wouldn't make the demonstration less problematic in terms of its promotion of racial and religious intolerance. Sikhs have a historically fraught relationship with Muslims, both in South Asia and in the diaspora, so unfortunately some of them will want to demonstrate with movements that promote Islamophobia.

However, it seems short-sighted for any Sikhs to do this, since they are also frequently victims of attacks by groups and individuals who target people on the basis of any sort of difference. There have been instances of gurdwaras being attacked, as well as Sikh men wearing turbans. This means that it is in fact still an issue about race because, to be blunt, some people with little knowledge assume that any religious symbols worn by non-white people are symbols of Islam.

It is a shame that certain Sikhs don't see that their willingness to lend support to groups like the EDL and earlier, the BNP, causes harm in their own communities. Fortunately, most Sikhs realise this and don't participate.

It was more of a general point to emphasise, what I think, in that it has nothing to do with race. Its a protest against religion.

Archived