Policing EDL at Lane Top

Doom

I have never read such an article that is made up of lies and deceipt shame on you Claire Lewis (the writer) and south yorkshire police.

1 - we live in a democracy where we all are allowed to protest rightly or wrongly. Who are they to suggest we ban the protest? For the costs - shal we then ban football? nightclubs? state funerals?

2 - the article is designed to blame the EDL for the costs which state £800k, when actually its the police who will be milking the overtime and are looking for an excuse, and it clearly stats it "could cost up to £600k" when in truth it will be alot less!

3 - protests always cost money £800k is not alot compared to the £2 million plus reported outside sheffield town hall for the liberal democrats. How much does it cost to police sheffield city centre at night? football derbys? should we ban football then aswell?

4. The articltle is made for the Protest to look stupid saying the idea of a mosque has been dropped so why are they still protesting? This is not true from what i have herd they are just trying to raise funds first for the mosque.

Claire Lewis should be sacked instantly for this deceiptfull article and i will never buy the Sheffield Star again. When writing an article surely the job of the writer is to stay neutral and give arguments for an against.

Just for the record i am neither for or against this protest but discusted that The Sheffield Star are tying to pull the wool over peoples eyes!!:rant::rant:

Welcome to the club mate. Its good to have you :)

4. The articltle is made for the Protest to look stupid saying the idea of a mosque has been dropped so why are they still protesting? This is not true from what i have herd they are just trying to raise funds first for the mosque.

That's because it's a stupid protest by stupid people.

Just for the record i am neither for or against this protest but discusted that The Sheffield Star are tying to pull the wool over peoples eyes!!:rant::rant:

Yeah, I believe you.

---------- Post added 18-09-2013 at 22:19 ----------

Its time both of these groups were banned from protesting .

Not a believer in free speech then. Fancy that.

Finally we agree on something ................ its a stupid protest by TWO groups of very stupid people.

Fighting fascism isn't stupid, it's essential. Did your grandfather or father play a part in the second war? Were they stupid for opposing fascism?

No they aren't. The EDL are the reason for all of it.

Really ? .......... Do a bit of quick research and you will find many UAF protesters have been arrested at these demos for violence and breach of the peace . The EDL are racist morons , but please dont try and make out the morons from the UAF are innocent by- standers.

Really ? .......... Do a bit of quick research and you will find many UAF protesters have been arrested at these demos for violence and breach of the peace . The EDL are racist morons , but please dont try and make out the morons from the UAF are innocent by- standers.

NOBODY has defended the UAF, as usual the EDL supporting fanatics of the forum seem more fixated with the UAF in EDL threads than the EDL

i think the point is..........if the EDL didnt exist, thered be no UAF to get violent, their whole being was created in response to the violent hateful antics of the EDL, fight fire with fire springs to mind

We live in a so called democracy so the EDL have every right to protest,as for the UAF,well they are simplly state sponserd and union sponserd thugs,mind you David Cameron is also a supporter of the UAF so just goes to show how the liberals have infiltrated every aspect of British life,mores the pity.

Archived