Policing EDL at Lane Top

Doom

Isn't this counter demostration stuff the real reason why the police have to be out in force? You're just wanting a ruck, both sides.

If you're worried about the money it's going to cost, just don't turn up, get everyone to stay off the street and ignore them, job done!

If there's no one taking any notice of them, there's no point in them marching. You're just playing into their hands, imo.

Agreed!!!

Regards

Doom

Isn't this counter demostration stuff the real reason why the police have to be out in force? You're just wanting a ruck, both sides.

If you're worried about the money it's going to cost, just don't turn up, get everyone to stay off the street and ignore them, job done!

If there's no one taking any notice of them, there's no point in them marching. You're just playing into their hands, imo.

Excellent suggestion

AND THE OTHER MOB ARE:huh::huh::huh::huh:

TAKES 2 TO TANGO PLEASE DON'T BE SO BLINKERED

The other 'mob' represents pretty much everyone else in Britain with a general sense of religious tolerance and openness, so, they probably are quite open to talking.

---------- Post added 18-09-2013 at 10:31 ----------

Won't the cost be mainly from keeping the EDL and UAF apart. Perhaps the UAF can protest on another day to reduce costs?

I understand that the protest is not about its original subject, ie the Pheasant being turned into a Mosque but about Mosque building in general.

The counter-protest is against the EDL and its views, so it wouldn't need to happen if the EDL wasn't protesting. I think I can speak for a lot of people who will be counter-protesting in saying that we have better things to do with our Saturday afternoons that we would much rather be doing.

If the protest isn't specifically about the Pheasant, then it would cause much more less community tension and be a much better way of spreading information if the EDL were to have peaceful stalls in Fargate.

As Natjack said really.

I don't support the EDL neither any of the opposition but everyone has the right to peaceful protest. Personally I feel that those that attempt to counter-protest are in a sense trying to infringe on that right.

Time and time again we hear that EDL protests end in violence because the other side (usually the UAF) have kicked off and it's caused a physical conflict in which during the aftermath the UAF claim that it was all the EDL and act the victim.

SPOT ON AND WELL SAID Jack JUST AS BAD

Also please note ISLAM IS NOT A RACE :loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Yep, another 100% agree here. :thumbsup:

Archived