Policing EDL at Lane Top

Doom

Thanks for your reply, but the Mosque isn't going to be built anyway.

There's no need for any shandy-drinking southerners to come up to Sheffield now.

What more do the EDL want? Will the EDL declare the non-building of the Mosque this another 'great victory' on their Facebook page?

As I understand it there is to be a Mosque, just not in that building.

I don't think its anything to do with the southern EDL, there's many division who organise things like this. There's a Yyorkshire one, a South Yorks one, even a Rotherham one (I think.)

The EDL are unique, it appears, in that drinking alcohol and shandy are both seen as detrimental to their cause.

The EDL are unique, it appears, in that drinking alcohol and shandy are both seen as detrimental to their cause.

Oh, I see.

Having a criminal record hasn't stopped Tommy, has it? Drugs offences, violent assaults... yet he has the cheek to declare himself "a political prisoner of the state" !

Maybe I'm missing something, but why is somebody with convictions for those types offences declaring himself as the defender of England?

If he is the best exmple the country can come up with, then somebody really needs to put the Great back into Great Britain.

The protest is about anymore mosques being built.

Well according to what is flying around FB

If people want to build mosques that is up to them and not a bunch of Muslim haters, its not as if the government pays for them to be built is it?

Hi all. Some of you might have heard about the EDL's plans to protest on Saturday 21st against a rumoured plan to turn the Pheasant pub on Barnsley Road into a mosque. This story was proved not to be true, but they intend to march anyway.

You are wrong, the plan to turn The Pheasant pub into a mosque was true however the plans were drop because they could not raise enough funds to pay for it but they are look at other properties in the area.

You are wrong, the plan to turn The Pheasant pub into a mosque was true however the plans were drop because they could not raise enough funds to pay for it but they are look at other properties in the area.

Do you think there'll be a problem raising funds now the EDL have given the Mosque some free publicity?

I'm happy to make a contribution just to annoy that prat Tommy.

So tell us who you are.

If you truly don't want a fight then you wouldn't want a counter demonstration as of late such demonstrations have provoked violence from one or both sides.

Or stay anonymous, enjoy your clash, then claim you were provoked and it was all the other side's fault.

But please, not in my name. I protested against the Vietnam war and apartheid in South Africa peacefully.

Hello. It is something of an irony that I can't actually say who I am or give any personal details because that would put myself in danger - which is a shame, because if I could then I could show that I'm absolutely not the 'regular UAF type' who wants a fight and all that rubbish. The EDL keeps lists online of antifascists, who they try to target with threats of personal violence, emails to employers and so on. I'm just a normal person who lives in Sheffield and doesn't want horrible people making the city feel unsafe.

Hello. It is something of an irony that I can't actually say who I am or give any personal details because that would put myself in danger - which is a shame, because if I could then I could show that I'm absolutely not the 'regular UAF type' who wants a fight and all that rubbish. The EDL keeps lists online of antifascists, who they try to target with threats of personal violence, emails to employers and so on. I'm just a normal person who lives in Sheffield and doesn't want horrible people making the city feel unsafe.

You join in and that's exactly what you become.

I doubt that. I can't imagine anyone knows what Tommy Robinson looks like without googling it.

Funnily enough he was recently refused service at Selfridge's of all places just recently (http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/edl-leader-tommy-robinsons-friend-2280688).

If it was up to me I'd ban him and his vile followers from every public space in Britain.

What a ludicrous protest- the far-right EDL are already a joke but this one tops them all.

Archived