Marco Pierre White Sheffield

jamesogt

Jamie's Barbecoa restaurant in London is amazing. I had meat sweats for a week.

http://www.barbecoa.com

Yes but he is using his name for branding isn't he? What does he know about smoked meat ? Yes, there are a lot of global chains now getting in on the game and popping up restaurants everywhere. I can see that what seems to be million dollar LA style businesses seem to be coming into the UK? I still do not rate Jamie Oliver as a person, or as a professional chef. I really don't. I am also sure that you know his trainings and background, right ? It is really a personal preference. I know that he will hire more professional chefs to work under his brand. I know this. I still will not try though. Maybe it is a respect thing on my part.

These now exists in Manchester.

http://vermilion.uk.com/

http://thealchemist.uk.com/

http://australasia.uk.com/

Maybe it is the seeds of those small restaurants before which helped the city gain a standing, but it is now more global chains which will take over after that. As they can have both the money, and also the expertise and working professionals within those areas.

It shall be a very tough time for small businesses in Sheffield soon enough. It is just quite interesting to see this happen for Sheffield, as many capitalised on their growing economies for a large number of years, and now it is hitting a city, the top 5 in the UK ? Newcastle went through a regeneration quicker than we did, and I am glad that Sheffield is slowly slowly getting there. Am not sure what this means for the city itself though.

It can only be a good sign if people like this are finally realising Sheffield exists. It has been way too long that Sheffield was shunted, so what if it is a chain, the more of them that open up, the better the competition, the better the quality of the food.

So I am pleased for one. I ate at a Jamie Oliver restaurant in Kingston, it was OK, although we were with a group of Mediterranean colleagues who know real food, and it took them five minutes to get the staff there running around like mad chickens trying to fix all the issues haha.

Eh ? I did not think that what I was that negative. I was merely pointing out the obvious, and stating that "this is happening". :hihi:

I was thinking of going to Vermillion with my bf myself. So who said I do not champion these top multi-million level establishments with trained chefs in this city or in England? I just wanted to say that, I was "surprised" that this is happening. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Edited by salsafan

It can only be a good sign if people like this are finally realising Sheffield exists. It has been way too long that Sheffield was shunted, so what if it is a chain, the more of them that open up, the better the competition, the better the quality of the food.

So I am pleased for one. I ate at a Jamie Oliver restaurant in Kingston, it was OK, although we were with a group of Mediterranean colleagues who know real food, and it took them five minutes to get the staff there running around like mad chickens trying to fix all the issues haha.

They seem to be opening at all the Hiltons, it's not something exclusive to Sheffield. MPW hasn't suddenly decided Sheffield is a great place to open a restaurant, he's just done a deal with the Hilton so they can use his name.

Edited by anywebsite

Moan, Moan, Moan, Moan, Moan!!!

No wonder this city is going down the pan.

Im just happy that major brands are considering Sheffield for anything. The more the merrier.

Exactly.

It was never going to be run by him personally anyway but if the food is good who cares.

I know that gone are the days of people revering the skills of a chef. Everything is a brand now. There is still a lot of pride in one's work. It is a joy actually to serve and cook food for others. :)

I miss the days that, I pay a decent price to go and dine in someone's restaurant and you can praise the chef for his skills. There is that kind of inter-play with your customers, which is quite nice.