Family tree

lolabell

• 1 year later...

for family tree info, you can beat Ancestry.co.uk - its great, also the birth, marriage and death indexes are free to search !

Ive got loads of tree info from there, you can also search different countries and everywhere in uk

good luck:thumbsup:

lolabell

After starting your family search and you want to use a good family tree programme, take a look at the Brothers Keeper Family Tree Programme.

There is a free version to download.

I had never heard of it until I was shown it here in New Zealand and I have found it to be very good.

I have tried three other programmes before this one and found different faults with each of them but this one is good.

Hope this info helps you or anyone else who takes a look at it.

Happy Days!

Hi lolabell,

If your family is Sheffield based Sheffield and District Family History Society Website is a good place to ask questions also Sheffield Indexers and Sheffield Records online but Ancestry.co.uk is good for National records as well as Family History Online and findmy past.com. Family Relatives and Genealogist Society.

Hope that's enough to be going on with !!!

Lois

Archived