Anyone been to DS Taekwondo in Crookes?

WalkleyAndy

Due to various reasons (injuries, fatherhood, work) I've had to jack in the martial arts stuff I was doing but there's a TKD class in Crookes that I could get to and would probably be involve a lot of similar techniques to some of the WAKO kickboxing syllabus I did many years ago.

Just wondered if anyone had any (informed, ideally!) opinions of DS Taekwondo who train at the Wesley Church up Crookes. Its run by David Shillabeer, I believe.

Appreciate there are myriad good schools for kickboxing, TKD, muay thai etc in Sheffield and I'd love to be able to train at them, but I can only manage really specific hours, training session durations and stuff because of work, bedtimes, location, etc, so suggestions of alternatives aren't really what I'm after, just views of anyone who knows anything about the school.

No disrespect to anyone involved in the school by asking for opinions, by the way, but as I don't know much about TKD it makes sense to gauge others' views as well as coming along to check it out myself.

Thanks

Due to various reasons (injuries, fatherhood, work) I've had to jack in the martial arts stuff I was doing but there's a TKD class in Crookes that I could get to and would probably be involve a lot of similar techniques to some of the WAKO kickboxing syllabus I did many years ago.

Just wondered if anyone had any (informed, ideally!) opinions of DS Taekwondo who train at the Wesley Church up Crookes. Its run by David Shillabeer, I believe.

Appreciate there are myriad good schools for kickboxing, TKD, muay thai etc in Sheffield and I'd love to be able to train at them, but I can only manage really specific hours, training session durations and stuff because of work, bedtimes, location, etc, so suggestions of alternatives aren't really what I'm after, just views of anyone who knows anything about the school.

No disrespect to anyone involved in the school by asking for opinions, by the way, but as I don't know much about TKD it makes sense to gauge others' views as well as coming along to check it out myself.

Thanks

David Shillabeer is a motormouth. He can talk for England LOL.

He is good at his TKD, it is ITF style under the TAGB and if you have done WAKO Kickboxing then youll enjoy this style of TKD.

The sparring is Light Continuous style. Dave himself seems to have an outgoing personality and im sure he'll turn out some decent students for you to spar with.

From what ive noticed of ITF style TKD, they favour the lead leg and they like to use Side kicks , Hook kicks to score with a hell of a lot.

Go along , im sure youll enjoy it.

Also tell David that Farhad says hello ;)

Thanks Farhad. Particularly good to get a pretty positive opinion from you as I know both from here and from people I know who've come to train at yours that you know your stuff!

Reckon I'll get myself down there and see if I can remember how to throw flashy kicks and if my legs still bend that way...!

Archived