Why is the Labour Conference in Brighton?

So, why is the Labour Conference in Brighton? Brighton is the playground for wealthy Londoners, there is plenty of money down there compared to cash-starved northern 'resorts', so why are Labour putting money in to Brighton's coffers instead of more needy places? It doesn't seem very socially responsible to me.

Would you prefer Macclesfield??? or Pontifract

I'd be surprised if they all of the parties didn't make a pitch of some sort for the gay vote. Brighton is not like your usual town.

Have you been to Brighton?? I have - many times, and fail to see how it is 'not like your usual town'. Yes, there is a sizable gay community, but from my experience, 99% of them just get on with their lives just like anyone else - AND they are some of the nicest people I've met.

there are various types of hippie type hangouts dotted around the country that are a bit like mini Brightons. Glastonbury of course. Avebury. Hebden Bridge. One thing they have in common is that they are usually situated in Tory leaning constituencies like Brighton, or at least Pavilion, has usually been.

Archived