Firemen strike over gold plated pensions

so the firemen are striking today over their gold plated public sector pensions eh?:roll: another example of the unionized working sector creating an unnecessary disruption & possible danger to the general public :roll:

although firemen i agree have a very difficult job at times, a lot of the time is spent doing general maintenance of hydrants & fire prevention etc and to be able to retire at just after 50 on a very good pension seems like a good option to me, especially as most firemen i know have been moonlighting for years in other jobs.

Why not; If they can afford it? There's no law stopping them, although it's pretty clear they won't have a pension to live on.

Get the youngens off the dole and give it them who retire at fifty, that sounds fair to me, what merrits the young to claim benefits, they've never done nowt, the fiftys and over have.

Get the youngens off the dole and give it them who retire at fifty, that sounds fair to me, what merrits the young to claim benefits, they've never done nowt, the fiftys and over have.

Ok so we have around 15 million folk too young to work. We also have around 21 million folk over 50. Then we have 4 to 5 million between 16 and 50 who can't/don't need to work work for various reasons. That would be a non working population of around 40 million and a working population of around 20 million paying for it all.

Just run the maths by me again.

Ok so we have around 15 million folk too young to work. We also have around 21 million folk over 50. Then we have 4 to 5 million between 16 and 50 who can't/don't need to work work for various reasons. That would be a non working population of around 40 million and a working population of around 20 million paying for it all.

Just run the maths by me again.

Who do you think I am Carol Vorderman, :hihi: Seriously tho some thought along the lines I have spoken about should be done, the old are working and the young are just having a laugh, well most of them, end this Chavism culture we have.:huh:

Who do you think I am Carol Vorderman, :hihi: Seriously tho some thought along the lines I have spoken about should be done, the old are working and the young are just having a laugh, well most of them, end this Chavism culture we have.:huh:

and in the real world?

Archived