Firemen strike over gold plated pensions

If the unions had come out against mass immigration which lowered the wages and working conditions of millions of people in the private sector, they might be getting more sympathy now. Instead they came out in favour of it. I have no idea why as it completely lowers their bargaining power.

I'm referring to joe public not especially the unions, specifically how they choose to vote. However, regarding your point the biggest culprits were labour as revealed by Andrew Neather.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/6418456/Labour-wanted-mass-immigration-to-make-UK-more-multicultural-says-former-adviser.html

However if people understood the game they would not allow such divisive infighting and jealousy over pensions because they would understand how divide and rule works.

so the firemen are striking today over their gold plated public sector pensions eh?:roll: another example of the unionized working sector creating an unnecessary disruption & possible danger to the general public :roll:

although firemen i agree have a very difficult job at times, a lot of the time is spent doing general maintenance of hydrants & fire prevention etc and to be able to retire at just after 50 on a very good pension seems like a good option to me, especially as most firemen i know have been moonlighting for years in other jobs.

The moonlighting you describe is a consequence of a poor salary.Do you think it is safe for firemen to work in their late 50s?

They pay 13pc of their gross pay to fund their pension which is rather high.

The moonlighting you describe is a consequence of a poor salary.Do you think it is safe for firemen to work in their late 50s?

Welcome to the real world! a fireman I once talked to said his job was a piece of pi**

Which isn't much when you consider they could spend longer in retirement than work.

Archived