Lottery to go up to £2 per line

Will you stop playing the lotto ???  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Will you stop playing the lotto ???

• Stopping playing
    • Carrying on playing
    • Never played

Another tax on the poor. It's a disgrace !!!

I am forced to pay my tax bill by threats of punitive fines and imprisonment (they get a lot stricter over tax matters when you set up a Limited Company).

Now, is any of that being employed to force people to buy lottery tickets?

It's not a tax on the poor, it's a tax on those who don't understand probability theory. ;)

Well put.

Many bright people struggle with statistics,especially those derived from the work of Joseph Pasquale.

Pasquale? He never makes me laugh. ;)

Good news for me.

I've been not playing the same numbers since the thing started. When it started out, I was making almost £1 per week on average by not buying a ticket. When it went to twice a week, I was then making almost £2. Now it looks like going up to £4 per week.

My problem now is going to be what to spend all this money on.

^^^This :)

Many bright people struggle with statistics,

You don't need to be a maths genius, you just need to remember that if you shut your eyes and randomly stick a pin in the racing pages in the paper, then put your £1 on whichever horse your pin lands on, even if it lands on a 100/1 outsider, you still are 1.4 million times more likely to win something than if you buy a lottery ticket.

We all moan on about bankers' bonuses yet seem quite happy to all chip in every week to make someone a millionaire!

A mug's game! :D

You don't need to be a maths genius, you just need to remember that if you shut your eyes and randomly stick a pin in the racing pages in the paper, then put your £1 on whichever horse your pin lands on, even if it lands on a 100/1 outsider, you still are 1.4 million times more likely to win something than if you buy a lottery ticket.

We all moan on about bankers' bonuses yet seem quite happy to all chip in every week to make someone a millionaire!

A mug's game! :D

That's true,but I don't play the lottery to win "something",I play it to win everything! And I'm well aware that the chances against that are astronomical.But it's only a quid and I can afford that for the dream!

I did hear that you are more likely to drop dead on the way back from the shop after buying your ticket than you are to win the jackpot!

Archived