Shareholders profits more important than saving an OAP's life.

chalga

Well as there are plenty of share holders who don't have much cash but get a pension from a fund that owns power shares, and there are rather a lot of very rich people who will get any reductions that might come as a result of this, it could technically be....

Cheap electricity for millionaires paid for by robbing pensioners of their savings.

I hadn't actually thought of that. I suppose the bigger the house the more a cut in energy will benefit the owner. So the trick is to sell the energy shares and buy shares in Chinese manufacturing. Then turn up the temperature in your private swimming pool and count the cash you save.

Well as there are plenty of share holders who don't have much cash but get a pension from a fund that owns power shares, and there are rather a lot of very rich people who will get any reductions that might come as a result of this, it could technically be....

Cheap electricity for millionaires paid for by robbing pensioners of their savings.

Sorry,i don't understand that.........if there's been a crime,somebody got robbed,the police should be told........what do you think the police would say if you went and told them what you wrote.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 18:43 ----------

http://www.newstatesman.com/business/2013/09/milibands-critics-think-he-will-turn-lights-out-theyre-wrong

QUOTE:

Centrica, a company which announced a near 10 per cent rise in its profit this year while simultaneously issuing a price rise warning, has threatened to quit the UK altogether over this perceived outrage. Other energy companies have made similar noises. And yet, “the big six” operate in a multitude of countries where degrees of price regulation, in many cases much harsher and more permanent than what is being proposed here, are in effect. As a matter of fact, only nine of the twenty-seven EU member states do not exercise some form of price regulation of energy retail prices, much to the chagrin of the European Commission.

So if these companies are already operating under regulation in other countries,regulation that is apparently more severe than Milliband plans,why haven't the lights gone out there,and why are they screaming about it happening in the UK when they already do it elsewhere?.

Yep and in their strive to make money, other people benefit, shoot all the greedy people that are out to make as much money as they can and I think you would start regretting shooting them very quickly. Don't demonise the greedy people because with out them we would be much worse off.

Shareholders benefit.

We pay through the nose for energy from companies that have failed to provide any meaningful new infrastructure for 20 years.

If the lights go out it's because they are have not been building the capacity to keep the lights on, not because of a short-term price freeze while corrective action is applied to a completely broken market.

The companies know they are in the wrong. It's why they're so shrill, and why they have the media on the case and lackeys furiously hammering at their keyboards.

This is being taken seriously, because the power companies are going to be found out. What they are really up to with prices, generating capacity and their track record is going to be thrust into the spotlight and they hate it.

Sorry,i don't understand that.........if there's been a crime,somebody got robbed,the police should be told........what do you think the police would say if you went and told them what you wrote.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 18:43 ----------

http://www.newstatesman.com/business/2013/09/milibands-critics-think-he-will-turn-lights-out-theyre-wrong

QUOTE:

Centrica, a company which announced a near 10 per cent rise in its profit this year while simultaneously issuing a price rise warning, has threatened to quit the UK altogether over this perceived outrage. Other energy companies have made similar noises. And yet, “the big six” operate in a multitude of countries where degrees of price regulation, in many cases much harsher and more permanent than what is being proposed here, are in effect. As a matter of fact, only nine of the twenty-seven EU member states do not exercise some form of price regulation of energy retail prices, much to the chagrin of the European Commission.

So if these companies are already operating under regulation in other countries,regulation that is apparently more severe than Milliband plans,why haven't the lights gone out there,and why are they screaming about it happening in the UK when they already do it elsewhere?.

It's so funny..

You've got Emma Harrison living out at Thornbridge Hall. (You remember her A4E?) Nice swimming pool. 50 rooms plus heated greenhouses. Electric bill of £30K. The maid lives in a council flat where the rent includes heating. etc.

Which one is going to benefit from Ed's benevolence?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's so funny..

You've got Emma Harrison living out at Thornbridge Hall. (You remember her A4E?) Nice swimming pool. 50 rooms plus heated greenhouses. Electric bill of £30K. The maid lives in a council flat where the rent includes heating. etc.

Which one is going to benefit from Ed's benevolence?

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Why should Emma Harrison pay more per unit of electricity than anyone else?

You wouldn't expect her to pay more for a loaf of bread or a gallon of petrol.

Why should Emma Harrison pay more per unit of electricity than anyone else?

You wouldn't expect her to pay more for a loaf of bread or a gallon of petrol.

Did I say she paid more per unit? NO I DIDN'T

I said her bill was more. Therefore she is a bigger beneficiary. Premier league footballers will do better out of this proposal than social workers. Get used to it!

Did I say she paid more per unit? NO I DIDN'T

I said her bill was more. Therefore she is a bigger beneficiary. Premier league footballers will do better out of this proposal than social workers. Get used to it!

I haven't got a problem with it and I'm struggling to see your point.

It's not a tax. It's a fixed price for a consumer product. If you use more of it you will save proportionately more. So what?

I haven't got a problem with it and I'm struggling to see your point.

It's not a tax. It's a fixed price for a consumer product. If you use more of it you will save proportionately more. So what?

If you can't see the point then you are being deliberately blind to it. The OPs claim is shareholders profits are more important than an OAPs life, but as is clear to anyone with a brain it is the very wealthy who will gain most. The bigger your house the more a cut in energy prices benefits you. The bigger your heated swimming pool the more it benefits you. The folk who sit in front of a one bar fire will save a couple of quid whilst the footballers with 3 mansions around the country will save thousands.

Lets no forget there is no free money here. There is a price to pay. Take £3 billion off the top line of big business and they pay less tax. Their share holders don't pay tax on dividends they don't get and there's less money for them to spend and less VAT to collect.

So the poor dear who sits by the one bar fire will probably get services cut as a result of her megre saving whilst the millionaires in Kensington have sold their power shares, bought into something else and are spending the savings on their £20K power bills on French Champagne. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Archived