Shareholders profits more important than saving an OAP's life.

chalga

And what difference would it make to prices? Thinking about it. .if everyone sold up that would mean that someone would have had to buy the shares.. why the need for nationalisation?

A difference could be that the primary focus would be the interests of consumers and industry, not shareholders.

If we have yet another very cold winter this will really be brought into focus.
That's the vibe I'm getting from farmer acquaintances atm.

Hopefully they'll be wrong/the Jet stream won't go wonky this year.

...but well...they are pretty close to/in tune with "Nature".

Of course,so like the thread title says,profits are more important than freezing OAP's..........especially for him,and even though he is already making profits,the thought of maybe making less,or just continuing to make what he does now is not an option.

I imagine he does substantially more than you to prevent old people freezing, without the investment people like him make to energy companies, they would likely not be able to supply some of the energy they currently supply.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 11:16 ----------

In such a doomsday scenario the industry would need to be nationalised.

The we would go back to strikes, excessive pay demands and power cuts similar to the ones we had when it used to be nationalized, and people would still freeze and find energy unfordable.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 11:17 ----------

A difference could be that the primary focus would be the interests of consumers and industry, not shareholders.

Since when does the public sector put the interests of people first.

I imagine he does substantially more than you to prevent old people freezing, without the investment people like him make to energy companies, they would likely not be able to supply some of the energy they currently supply.

But the point is that what he does has just proved to be superficial by his reaction to Milliband,his profit comes first and foremost,the fact that he is doing something to help old people while making the profits is merely a coincidence.he could shift all his money away and invest in something that has nothing to do with old people,and he wouldn't give it a second thought.

But the point is that what he does has just proved to be superficial by his reaction to Milliband,his profit comes first and foremost,the fact that he is doing something to help old people while making the profits is merely a coincidence.he could shift all his money away and invest in something that has nothing to do with old people,and he wouldn't give it a second thought.

How does selling shares affect the price of energy...I've asked you this before but you must have missed it..

How does selling shares affect the price of energy...I've asked you this before but you must have missed it..

No idea,because it's not the point I am making,it's about people like Woodford who want to make more profit,and are willing to sell shares at the hint that these profits could drop,and are willing to use scare tactics about 'lights going out' to maintain those profits and more.It's about a cap,Millibands idea of a cap,this price,for the benefit of the consumer,and maybe saving OAP's lives because it happens.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 11:16 ----------

The we would go back to strikes, excessive pay demands and power cuts similar to the ones we had when it used to be nationalized, and people would still freeze and find energy unfordable.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 11:17 ----------

Since when does the public sector put the interests of people first.

Invesco are investing to make profits, not because they care about keeping people warm. It's not driven by altruism.

Archived