New Not for Profit Energy suppier threatens to quit the market.

Dingus

I dont vote Liebour ,but on this issue Millband has my support,its about time the consumer was put first and not the shareholders.

Shareholders are likely to be consumers, and whilst I would like to see energy prices fall, I don't see anything good coming from government forcing them to lower prices, for anyone that finds energy prices to high they should simply use less energy.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 06:50 ----------

It won't happen, in the same way that there was never a referendum under labour over Europe, and student fees went up rather than were abolished. "We were going to do it but we can't now. Sorry."

This sounds about right, people soon forget that what political parties promise to get power, rarely become realty.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 06:52 ----------

It's billed as a not for profit that has an aim of making the same margin as the lowest priced member of a cartel at any point in time. It's crazy, making super profit even if they aim to pass it to charity makes absolutely no difference to the end consumer. They still overpay but are supposed to be sated by the idea that a charity benefits somehow. People just want lower energy prices, not somebody to engineer a feel good element into being ripped off at cartel prices. Madness.

How would the Greens deal with this, I would imagine energy prices would rise under a Green government, they way to make energy cheaper is for there to be less demand for it and that comes from fewer users.

How would the Greens deal with this, I would imagine energy prices would rise under a Green government, they way to make energy cheaper is for there to be less demand for it and that comes from fewer users.

So why is petrol so much cheaper in the USA, a bigger country with more people?

I switched my electricity recently to a 'not for profit' company, Ebico - They had been made out to me to be massively cheaper than other companies and to be honest I just wanted rid of Npower so I switched. No complaints so far, but don't notice much of a price difference. They DO make profit, but dont keep it, they put it into energy saving and green schemes to help the environment, the customer doesn't see MUCH of a direct saving!

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived