Mental to take offence?

Zamo

The BBC has reported today that ASDA and Tesco have been forced to withdraw certain halloween costumes because they might offend pyschopaths.

Former footballer Stan Collymore, who has had a well-documented fight with Depression
[i think that was his wifes' name]
, also criticised Asda for using a
"stereotype"
. He alledgedly added
"Why do people think that just because you're mental you're dangerous? I take real offence and if I see anyone wearing one then I'm going to kill them."

Other breaking news...

Paramount Pictures has issued an appology for the offence caused by its' film 'Pyscho'. Their spokeswoman, Polly Getic, said "We're really sorry and are looking to rename the film as soon as possible. We would really appreciate the help of the public in find an appropirate, non-offence name and invite people to put forward their suggestions... answers on a postcard please".

I think we should do a Sheffield Forum entry... any ideas?

Furthering the association that every person with a mental health issue is dangerous to others is a bit of fun? You clearly have no idea how many people get harassed, abused or attacked because they have a mental health problem, even though they may be completely harmless to other people.

I think that the issue is more to do with the titles given to the costumes. If they were called 'homicidal idiot' rather than 'mental patient' then I don't think that anybody would have a problem with them.

Furthering the association that every person with a mental health issue is dangerous to others is a bit of fun?

They arent doing that so stop being so melodramatic.

Ive suffered from mental illness all of my adult life so im more than qualified to give an opinion. My opinion is people need to get a grip, learn to have a laugh at themselves.

It works wonders.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 11:25 ----------

You clearly have no idea how many people get harassed, abused or attacked because they have a mental health problem, even though they may be completely harmless to other people. .

And you clearly have a nasty habit of jumping to conclusions and typing before you think.

I know full well and first hand what its like so you can take your assumption and do what you like with it.

:)

P.S. Is this where i take a holiday now for daring to argue with you?

Yes, off to the "loony bin" with you.

Been there, Done that, got the backward facing T-shirt.

It was a dark time but im through it now and functioning properly again.

Oh, and theres no shame in it either. Its no different to any other illness imo.

You break your leg you got the the hospital.

You break your brain, you go to a different hospital.

They arent doing that so stop being so melodramatic.

And you clearly have a nasty habit of jumping to conclusions and typing before you think.

I know full well and first hand what its like so you can take your assumption and do what you like with it.

:)

P.S. Is this where i take a holiday now for daring to argue with you?

No, I have my own opinion and you have yours. Yours clearly disagrees with mine and that's fine.

It stops being fine when you start crossing the line from disagreeing with my opinions and stray into personal insults. That's against forum rules and you should be aware of that by now.

No, I have my own opinion and you have yours. Yours clearly disagrees with mine and that's fine.

It stops being fine when you start crossing the line from disagreeing with my opinions and stray into personal insults. That's against forum rules and you should be aware of that by now.

Wheres the insult?

Is this where you make one up, get all offended over nothing?

Look, im not arguing with you, just pointing out the stupidity of your reply.

And the inaccuracy of it.

oooh, there you go, i used the word stupidity, you can now pretend im calling you stupid and then hit me with the B bomb.

Archived