Austerity..Enough!!

Personally I don't feel like I'm foraging around in the dirt.

I've not noticed any of the neighbours at it either, and with the number of houses which you can see have the heating on already I'm guessing they're alrite as well????

Once upon a time people had very few electrical goods.

These days I bet even the people who claim to be on the poverty line have at least 1 TV, DVD player, fridge, washing machine, mobile phone etc.

Regards

Doom

"Austerity" is just a catch-all term to mean going back to living within one's means.

And there's nothing wrong with the principle, because it implies that all who need it regain (or are lumped back with, depending on one's perspective) some personal responsibility for their decisions, their actions, their situation and, generally, their lot.

Far too much of it has been surrendered in years gone by, whether bought for a vote or abandoned out of greed/stupidity/laziness/etc.

Personally I don't feel like I'm foraging around in the dirt.

I've not noticed any of the neighbours at it either, and with the number of houses which you can see have the heating on already I'm guessing they're alrite as well????

Same here. Those of you who know me know I hate to generalise and not throw links with facts at a subject, but I just don't see any evidence of major belt tightening. The city centre (Liverpool) is packed with shoppers, the queues of people at the checkouts hasn't changed, pubs are packed, restaurants are packed, there are general reports of car sales going up to name but a few.

Same here. Those of you who know me know I hate to generalise and not throw links with facts at a subject, but I just don't see any evidence of major belt tightening. The city centre (Liverpool) is packed with shoppers, the queues of people at the checkouts hasn't changed, pubs are packed, restaurants are packed, there are general reports of car sales going up to name but a few.

I did drop my keys last night and that left me searching my lawn in the dark, but not scrabbling in the dirt per se. I did kneel on a slug though.

If you want to scrabbling, wait until that "essential" call of duty comes out. There will scrabbling then to throw multiples of £40 at disinterested staff.

Thats a major city that has a high level of tourism, have a drive out to Worksop or Wombwell and you might see a different picture.

Thats a major city that has a high level of tourism, have a drive out to Worksop or Wombwell and you might see a different picture.

To be honest I've not seen anyone eating boiled cabbage in Worksop unless they've started selling it at Mac D's or KFC... 'cos they're always full..

To be honest I've not seen anyone eating boiled cabbage in Worksop unless they've started selling it at Mac D's or KFC... 'cos they're always full..

Another one thats fallen for the government brainwashing, lets blame the less well off for their own circumstances not the massive rise in the cost of living, I'm surprised you havent trotted out the old "spend their money on booze and fags" cliche.

Its no wonder this country is in the state its in.

Another one thats fallen for the government brainwashing, lets blame the less well off for their own circumstances not the massive rise in the cost of living, I'm surprised you havent trotted out the old "spend their money on booze and fags" cliche.

I haven't blamed anyone for anything? Can you explain what you mean?

Its like the myth they are trying to propagate that benefits are public enemy number one. I'll admit it's a problem for the treasury but not as bigger problem as fraud and tax avoidance. Then of course the government wants to use taxpayers' money to mount a legal challenge to the proposed cap of bankers' bonuses whilst people are struggling to put food on the table. Kind of says it all really.

Archived