Austerity..Enough!!

Its like the myth they are trying to propagate that benefits are public enemy number one. I'll admit it's a problem for the treasury but not as bigger problem as fraud and tax avoidance. Then of course the government wants to use taxpayers' money to mount a legal challenge to the proposed cap of bankers' bonuses whilst people are struggling to put food on the table. Kind of says it all really.

Ah, "bankers' bonuses" - that pantomine villain. What do you think will happen if banks do cap bonuses? That food will magically appear on the tables of the poor? Or will the government just report a fall in tax revenues?

I haven't blamed anyone for anything? Can you explain what you mean?

How much did fuel duty go up when Ed's mob were in power? He didn't seem too bothered about energy prices then...

That didn't take too much effort did it? It was the first thing I found. I could go on and on but they seems little point as you get the drift

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 12:34 ----------

Ah, "bankers' bonuses" - that pantomine villain. What do you think will happen if banks do cap bonuses? That food will magically appear on the tables of the poor? Or will the government just report a fall in tax revenues?

Have you tried thinking? Ever?

That didn't take too much effort did it? It was the first thing I found. I could go on and on but they seems little point as you get the drift

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 12:34 ----------

Have you tried thinking? Ever?

What are you droning on about now Mecky?

Bankers and bonuses are no pantomine villains. They have ruined our economy and are continuing to do so. Greed, it turns out, is not good for the rest of us.

Because next to nothing has been done about it, people are entitled to continue to raise the issue until something is.

Sorry if it bores you, but it is still a very pertinant point.

Its happening because companies are chargeing whatever they like for essential purchases, utilities and food are two examples and cost of everything else are artificially inflated to ridiculous levels, what makes me laugh are people who take austere measures (buying charity shop clothes etc) and wear it like a badge of honour. I dont think we can reverse it now but I dont want rich tv people producing programmes telling me how to live like a peasant.

This country is awash with money, austerity is the biggest scam since we were being blackmailed out of money for environmental reasons not so long ago.

Why not set up in business and undercut all the folk who you claim are charging too much?

Why not set up in business and undercut all the folk who you claim are charging too much?

Sure. I might drill for my own gas while I'm at it...

The cost of living is rising and forcing people into poverty. We are being ripped off good and proper. Why do people like you deny it?

Bankers and bonuses are no pantomine villains. They have ruined our economy and are continuing to do so. Greed, it turns out, is not good for the rest of us.

Because next to nothing has been done about it, people are entitled to continue to raise the issue until something is.

Bankers haven't ruined our economy - overspending has. The recession had two drivers behind it - the credit crisis was only one part of it.

Why don't you try answering the questions I posed of Mecky...

I might start my own gas company and join the "big six" what a stupid statement to make, essential services should not be in the hands of profiteers (and shameless profiteers at that).

What will you moan about if their pay is capped?

The country won't fix itself because a handful of overpaid ******'s aren't getting paid as much as they used to.

The country as a whole overspent and wasted money, now we're left to clean up the mess - it takes TIME.

Archived