Austerity..Enough!!

There wasn't enough money to go around, regardless. Remember the story last week about Brown considering the army to keep order? ATMs were about 24 hours away from drying up, debit cards bouncing etc and was the reason gold reserves had to be sold. I doubt few people realised how far we were to total collapse.

What...for the whole of Labour's 13 years in office..? I thought you supported Labour :D

For over a decade Labour only pro-longed the inevitable.

The wheels were already set in motion, they did all they could - honest!!

It's not like they had a massive parliament majority in 1997 or anything, and could pretty much pass any bill they wanted and reform everything as they saw fit.

There wasn't enough money to go around, regardless. Remember the story last week about Brown considering the army to keep order? ATMs were about 24 hours away from drying up, debit cards bouncing etc and was the reason gold reserves had to be sold. I doubt few people realised how far we were to total collapse.

What are you on about? Gordon Brown sold the gold way before the financial problems.

Thats a major city that has a high level of tourism, have a drive out to Worksop or Wombwell and you might see a different picture.

The apparent poverty of Worksop or Wombwell is nothing to do with Austerity, its to do with Meadowhall and the internet.

Why would anyone want to drag themselves round our litter packed, drongo infested town and city centers when you can go in complete safety to Meadowhall or order stuff online.

PS there is no poverty, its just people spending more than they are earning.

Cut to your cloth, Vote Tory, all will be well.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 14:11 ----------

Bankers and bonuses are no pantomine villains. They have ruined our economy and are continuing to do so. Greed, it turns out, is not good for the rest of us.

Because next to nothing has been done about it, people are entitled to continue to raise the issue until something is.

Sorry if it bores you, but it is still a very pertinant point.

They were allowed to do this under a Labour Government, Blair and Brown, assisted by Balls and Milliband.

If it had been a Tory government in power you lot would have been all over them like a rash.

It was Labours fault. Game set and match.

Ah, "bankers' bonuses" - that pantomine villain. What do you think will happen if banks do cap bonuses? That food will magically appear on the tables of the poor? Or will the government just report a fall in tax revenues?

No the banks will move their investment arms to Singapore, Zurich or Frankfurt and take the staff with them. They will pay their taxes there and the Singapore Government etc etc will use the revenue to put food on the tables of their poor.

No the banks will move their investment arms to Singapore, Zurich or Frankfurt and take the staff with them. They will pay their taxes there and the Singapore Government etc etc will use the revenue to put food on the tables of their poor.

Absolutely correct.

Which reinforces my point further - if people have spare money to spend visiting other towns.

The point I was making is that there is an underclass developing and while there will always be people who can afford a day trip to Liverpool there is an massively increasing number that can't.

Archived