Austerity..Enough!!

Fair enough. We do need to break our reliance on the sector. I know it's easier said than done but we need to prevent another crisis. The problem is the banks did OK out of it on the whole. Most survived, had money pumped in and the bonuses kept flowing. You have to wonder if any lessons were learned. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

True, I could never understand why, when we had a thriving financial sector we didn't use that success to reform and build up manufacturing, it made no sense to me at the time to have all our eggs in one basket.

I could go on about unions and Thatcher and all the usual stuff but the fact is we threw manufacturing away.

As things stand I am quietly confident, we have stayed out of the Euro, we seem to be rid of politicians such as Blair who, in my mind was more loyal to Europe than he was to this country. Manufacturing is slowly picking up.

But, it is fragile, any unexpected event, war, natural disaster, could throw us completely.

I'm getting sick of being preached to and listening to dicussions about austerity, thrift etc. Theres loads and loads of money out there but the rich are keeping it all to themselves (with politicians help) and are living literally like kings while the rest of us are told to darn socks (in the night when theres nobody there) and live on boiled cabbage, what sort of country are we going to end up with if this continues :mad:

Very true I fact the top companies in the Uk and the rich in general have record amounts of wealth to their name. While for the first time since Victoria sat on the throne living standards for everyone else are going down. It's a disgrace.

Very true I fact the top companies in the Uk and the rich in general have record amounts of wealth to their name. While for the first time since Victoria sat on the throne living standards for everyone else are going down. It's a disgrace.

No it is not, were people have worked hard and been thrifty, and were businesses have been profitable, they have no duty to share the benefits with "everyone else".

No it is not, were people have worked hard and been thrifty, and were businesses have been profitable, they have no duty to share the benefits with "everyone else".

The CEO of Tesco is only in his position and is only wealthy because of his workers. The reason he can live in the chiltons is because a worker from Winn Gardens is putting in the work. The rich only exist by sitting on the shoulders of the poor. Therefore there is every responsibility to share the wealth as much as possible.

The CEO of Tesco is only in his position and is only wealthy because of his workers. The reason he can live in the chiltons is because a worker from Winn Gardens is putting in the work. The rich only exist by sitting on the shoulders of the poor. Therefore there is every responsibility to share the wealth as much as possible.

The Tesco worker has employment and a roof over his head as a result of the enterprise and employment opportunity provided by the CEO.

The worker exists by living under the shadow of the employer. He is entitled to what he earns. No More, no less.

Where is " Wynn Gardens".

Archived