Lee Rigby-Accused say they're not guilty

Will be interesting to hear what their defence is likely to be.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24297429

In most cases I'd be reluctant to prejudge the outcome or point a finger at the defendant, but in this one...well hopefully the key will be lost after the cell door slams shut.

I wonder if their deference is going to be along the lines of yes we killed him but is wasn't unlawful, there for not murder.

Its a pity they weren't just shot dead at the scene.

They want a courtroom show where they are the stars.

The thing is we all know what the ending is going to be so the best thing would be for the media not to give them the publicity they want - just let us know when it is finished.

I wonder if their deference is going to be along the lines of yes we killed him but is wasn't unlawful, there for not murder.

Its a pity they weren't just shot dead at the scene.

I wouldn't have shed any tears if they were but im glad they were arrested and charged.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 11:45 ----------

The thing is we all know what the ending is going to be so the best thing would be for the media not to give them the publicity they want - just let us know when it is finished.

Thats a very good point. I hope whomever the judge is they have the strength to not allow any sort of religious or political antics

To which we all have a right.That is a corner stone of the democracy we are defending.

I wouldn't have shed any tears if they were but im glad they were arrested and charged.

Thats a very good point. I hope whomever the judge is they have the strength to not allow any sort of religious or political antics

It is likely to be the basis of their defense, they will see themselves as soldiers of God fighting a just war against evil, and in times of war people die and are realty changed with murder for killing the enemy.

To which we all have a right.That is a corner stone of the democracy we are defending.

Nothing wrong with them having their day in court.. the media don't need to broadcast or report on it though.. that way there would be no "show" for the accused to be the stars in..

I find it troubling. Not that they are pleading not guilty, they are after all mentally unbalanced but the fact they have a lawyer and or barrister who would go into court and argue they are innocent.

I don't think their barristers have much choice in that respect, they take instructions from their clients, who in this case claim they're not guilty.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 12:04 ----------

The only grounds for killing someone in this country are self defence, so I doubt they'll have much luck in that respect.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 12:04 ----------

It is likely to be the basis of their defense, they will see themselves as soldiers of God fighting a just war against evil, and in times of war people die and are realty changed with murder for killing the enemy.

Again, that can't form the basis of a defence in English law.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 12:06 ----------

Hopefully they'll choose to give evidence if that's the case and allow everyone to see how crackers and misguided they are.

I don't think their barristers have much choice in that respect, they take instructions from their clients, who in this case claim they're not guilty.

The only grounds for killing someone in this country are self defence, so I doubt they'll have much luck in that respect.

Again, that can't form the basis of a defence in English law.

Hopefully they'll choose to give evidence if that's the case and allow everyone to see how crackers and misguided they are.

Their argument could be that Gods law supersedes English law.

That English soldiers invade the countries of Islam and kill people without being charged with murder.

That our laws allow for the freedom of religious expression.

And that there are already precedents set for our laws being changed to accommodate Gods laws.

Archived