Lee Rigby-Accused say they're not guilty

I find it troubling. Not that they are pleading not guilty, they are after all mentally unbalanced but the fact they have a lawyer and or barrister who would go into court and argue they are innocent.

Moderators please note, Is it appropriate for someone to name themselves "Jew Boy"?

If someone registered as **** Lad or ****** girl, there would be an outcry.

It is not the use of "Jew" I object to, but when it is coupled with "boy" in this way it is an insulting term. Please do something about it.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 13:50 ----------

"Mr Adebolajo has asked to be known as Mujaahid Abu Hamza in court, while Mr Adebowale wants to be called Ismail Ibn Abdullah."

They should tell them to shut up and refer to them throughout the trial as "Defendant A" and "Defendant B".

They shouldn't be on trial anyway, the should be dressed in orange in a Caribbean holiday camp, being water boarded to find out what they know.

They should then be "disposed of."

Your opinions are very extreme, they should not be taken to the Caribbean, I would happily water board them myself here, they could be easily disposed of in the canal or better in a land fill. Think of the expense.

They are young men. They will be convicted. They will be placed in a high security cell with little or no contact with the outside world until the day they die.

There will come a time when they realize they have been brainwashed, they will then seek solace outside the perverted religion they currently believe in.

They will receive no such solace and will live their lives as outcasts, forgotten and ignored. From time to time security will slip and they will be attacked, maimed and injured.

Theirs will be a living hell. So be it.

Well, they're just saying that; it's not as though there weren't any winesses. No doubt they'll go down the sanity route

I'm not sure they will...if they are the fanatics they're purported to be they'll go the "yes we killed him but it wasn't murder" route and say it was Allah's will or similar.. that way they can be martyrs for a day.. other wise what would be the point of them staying on scene to get caught.. unless they were expecting, sorry, hoping, to get shot there and then..

I think anyone who commits a heinous crime and uses the religion in some way should be refused to all religious privileges when found guilty. This could be Catholic Priests of Muslim Terrorists, or even some nutty anti abortion Christian.

All reading material, prayer time, diets and visits by religious people like Imans etc should be banned. Anyone who dies while in the process of the crime should also have no religion in their funeral ceremony.

I'm sure, because the people have used the religion to bring shame on the decent worshippers, this will have the backing of all the religious groups.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 14:10 ----------

I'm not sure they will...if they are the fanatics they're purported to be they'll go the "yes we killed him but it wasn't murder" route and say it was Allah's will or similar.. that way they can be martyrs for a day.. other wise what would be the point of them staying on scene to get caught.. unless they were expecting, sorry, hoping, to get shot there and then..

I think they may say they don't recognise the court.

Moderators please note, Is it appropriate for someone to name themselves "Jew Boy"?

If someone registered as **** Lad or ****** girl, there would be an outcry.

It is not the use of "Jew" I object to, but when it is coupled with "boy" in this way it is an insulting term. Please do something about it.

We have no reason to doubt he is Jewish, so with that assumption, he is entitled to call himself whatever he wants.

Their argument could be that Gods law supersedes English law.

There is no proof god passed any laws in this land.

That English soldiers invade the countries of Islam and kill people without being charged with murder.

English soldiers are sent to do a job, to bring down despots & maniacs they don't do it off their own backs

That our laws allow for the freedom of religious expression.

When it suits, then something gets said then it's anti this, anti that then the racism card gets played

And that there are already precedents set for our laws being changed to accommodate Gods laws.

Sod precedents they should have both left the scene of the crime, in body bags

There is no proof god passed any laws in this land.

Our law courts recognise the existence of God and some of our laws are based on the word of God

English soldiers are sent to do a job, to bring down despots & maniacs they don't do it off their own backs

Their argument could be that they were sent by God to do a job.

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 14:56 ----------

The points you raised aren't a 'defence', I was really seeking speculations on their legal defence, assuming they have one.

Of cause its a defence, it might not be one you like, it might not be one they will use, but claiming they were simply doing the work of God would be a defense.

The courts already regognise the existence of God.

1.6 billion Muslims, or 23% of the world's population say the Quran is the definitive word of God.

There are passages in the Quran that are clear justification for their actions.

Is the court prepared to argue that God doesn't exist and that the Quran doesn't contain the word of God.

Or will the courts contend that English laws supersede the word of God.

I find it troubling. Not that they are pleading not guilty, they are after all mentally unbalanced but the fact they have a lawyer and or barrister who would go into court and argue they are innocent.

I think you are missing the point. Pleading not guilty means they get to be in the limelight to air their views.

Archived