Lee Rigby-Accused say they're not guilty

Moderators please note, Is it appropriate for someone to name themselves "Jew Boy"?

If someone registered as **** Lad or ****** girl, there would be an outcry.

It is not the use of "Jew" I object to, but when it is coupled with "boy" in this way it is an insulting term. Please do something about it.

What about boy friday or uptowngirl? Are they OK?

I find it troubling. Not that they are pleading not guilty, they are after all mentally unbalanced but the fact they have a lawyer and or barrister who would go into court and argue they are innocent.

Its called legal aid, they will get paid no matter what the verdict

ker ching!!!

I don't suppose "It wasn't me, I didn't do it, I wasn't there" will wash with this one will it?

Or..."Iz it coz I'z black" ;)

Although there is a possibility (if the religious zealously has left them) that they will try to blame each other.

:suspect:Well this trial will be a farce I suspect ! I reckon a plea will be made of diminished responsibility made by their cosy lawyers of the brotherhood:suspect: who will spin this trial out for

All it's worth all on legal aid of course:roll: why when people

Like this are bang To rights do we even bother with the niceties I don't know!

I find it troubling. Not that they are pleading not guilty, they are after all mentally unbalanced but the fact they have a lawyer and or barrister who would go into court and argue they are innocent.

Why do you think they are mentally unbalanced.

If it's a defence for murder then someone better let Peter Sutcliffe out of Broadmoor with a fulsome apology.

Could he prove that God told him to do it?

And just because someone submits a defence doesn't mean they will win, the court can simply dismiss them as nutters if it wants.

Could he prove that God told him to do it?
I think his failure to do so is why he's in prison, just as these 2 will be if they try a similar approach.

And just because someone submits a defence doesn't mean they will win

I didn't suggest they would, but it's pointless submitting a defence which isn't accepted in law..eg self defence, provocation, mistaken identity, diminished responsibility etc

Archived