Which Utility (Gas and Electricity) Provider to Choose?

New law over the number of tariffs companies are allowed to offer is going to be active in December.

They will only be allowed a max of 4 tariffs (I think) so it will make it alot easier to understand.

So maybe look to switch then when the market becomes much clearer.

New law over the number of tariffs companies are allowed to offer is going to be active in December.

They will only be allowed a max of 4 tariffs (I think) so it will make it alot easier to understand.

So maybe look to switch then when the market becomes much clearer.

They also have to tell you if you're on the best deal so that is pretty good.

OP is your house the same/similar size as the one you are moving from. If so you could pump in the numbers from your old bills. If not just say what size house it is you are moving to, how big your family is etc. etc. and I'm sure someone who matches will provide their usage amoounts. Not exact but better than nothing.

Hi. There is another way that avoids the big (but not always great) 6 energy suppliers. Have you heard of Utility Warehouse? They do gas, electricity, phone, broadband and mobile and the offer if you go with 4 out of the 5 services is excellent. They are ranked at the top by Which! magazine every year (last week voted joint top for phone and broadband). There's no contract tie in either. You also get cashback off your high street shopping. I'm actually a customer and distributor for UW. I'm more than happy to speak to you on the phone (07500 978282) or to visit you (same applies to anyone else in the area) if you'd like some more detail. Regards Matt

I just got to know that gas and electricity supply has been defaulted back to E.ON. Now I have to wait for up to 10 days to get welcome pack with the need information to set up my online account and know enough details to switch. How do I switch to online tariffs with npower. Do I just fill in £20 per month in the form? I just don't know what is the average usage in the property nor do I have an idea of an average utility cost as I have not bee living in the UK. Any help?

How many people will live in the house ? Are you out at work all day ,do you have central heating .immersion heater ,electric shower . Gas or electric cooker these are all the things that will help evaluate your bills .Is the house well insulated ?

Archived