The wealthiest 1% should pay NO taxes.

So says Harry Binswanger. He sat down with The Daily Ticker’s Aaron Task and Henry Blodget to defend his controversial views. He also reiterated his call that anyone who earns more than $1 million a year deserves an exemption from paying taxes, a “symbolic gesture” he notes, because the “great achievers” (individuals like Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Steve Jobs) “lifted us out of the cave and gave us our standard of living.” He also proposes that the highest earner of the year – maybe an investment banker, hedge fund manager or CEO – be given a Congressional Medal of Honor in return for his or her contribution to human life.

Certainly an interesting view, albeit not one that I agree with. But I do agree that we all owe a debt of gratitude to great men such as Henry Ford who were responsible for great leaps forward in human advancement.

...because the “great achievers” (individuals like Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Steve Jobs) “lifted us out of the cave and gave us our standard of living.”

I wouldn't call Jamie Dimon, Warren Buffet, Lloyd Blankfein or (going back a few years) Jesse Lauriston Livermore "great achievers" in any area other than making money.

The likes of Ford, Rockefeller etc. all least built factories, railroads, steel mills etc. They actually produced things that shaped a continent.

Developments in the stock market like high frequency trading make money for large investment banks, but nothing else.

And I'm not sure we were exactly living in caves in the early 70s just because we didn't have iPods and smartphones.

1976 was Britian's best ever year according to new study

So says Harry Binswanger. He sat down with The Daily Ticker’s Aaron Task and Henry Blodget to defend his controversial views. He also reiterated his call that anyone who earns more than $1 million a year deserves an exemption from paying taxes, a “symbolic gesture” he notes, because the “great achievers” (individuals like Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and Steve Jobs) “lifted us out of the cave and gave us our standard of living.” He also proposes that the highest earner of the year – maybe an investment banker, hedge fund manager or CEO – be given a Congressional Medal of Honor in return for his or her contribution to human life.

Certainly an interesting view, albeit not one that I agree with. But I do agree that we all owe a debt of gratitude to great men such as Henry Ford who were responsible for great leaps forward in human advancement.

Henry Ford, thanks for inventing the production line & bringing us the Mondeo!

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 09:28 ----------

theres a lot of people we all a debt too, and are on or were on a hell of a lot less than that

I owe more to my parents than any of the people mentioned in that list!

What a load of b@#%$£~$!!!!

But I do agree that we all owe a debt of gratitude to great men such as Henry Ford who were responsible for great leaps forward in human advancement.

Ford's great leaps forward for human advancement included being admired by Hitler for being one of the worst anti-semites in the USA. Ford published the Protocols of the Elders of Zion , The International Jew and other anti-Semitic tracts.

I suppose by HH's standards these were great leaps forward for human advancement.

The assembly line was already created, it wasn't a great human advancement. He didn't crack the atom or discover penicillin.

He did support the Nazis though with lotsa dosh. Hitler even had a large portrait of him on the wall at Nazi headquarters. Ford was a fascist Jew hater.

Being anti-semitic pre WW2 was hardly rare.

Handing over what would now be considered Millions was a bit rare though, I wonder how much of that went into the production line of mass murdering? It could be argued though that Ford hadn't got a clue what Hitler was up to.:roll:

Archived