Who gets the money

Osborne has already taken the £30bn assets of the Royal Mail pension fund and created a perpetual unfunded liability for the government. Until he did that the assets were used to pay pensions to Royal Mail retirees. Now the taxpayer has to meet the cost of the pensions every year out of general tax revenue. For ever.

Surprisingly.....

Some of it goes to the Royal Mail (the percentage of which they are not selling off) ....

Well that's what we are told, but really a percentage goes into the pockets of the people who (unsurprisingly) set up buying cartels & have inside knowledge of the statistics & forecasts of such an enterprise...

The rest goes into the coffers of the country you would hope?

Insider trading at it's worst .

But nevermind, eventually there will be nothing left for them to sell, then the REAL CRASH will come...

How can there be insider trading on a public IPO, everyone knows it's happening, the point of insider trading is to act before knowledge of something hits the market.

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 09:23 ----------

The sale of Royal Mail should never have happened.

What gives this government the right to sell off the family silver until there's nothing left?

How could they not have that right, they're running the country.

How can there be insider trading on a public IPO, everyone knows it's happening, the point of insider trading is to act before knowledge of something hits the market.

Insiders might know something about the likely performance after floatation. If you've worked in any big company you will know that people 'know' things. Not every internal working of the company will be made clear to potential investors.

I'm not saying this is true of Royal Mail but who knows.

Government get the money. I assume it goes into "the pot" along with all out tax revenue to help reduce the national debt.

No it'll go to create that new town just outside London which they were talking about last week. The rest will go to buy votes in 2015.

Insiders might know something about the likely performance after floatation. If you've worked in any big company you will know that people 'know' things. Not every internal working of the company will be made clear to potential investors.

I'm not saying this is true of Royal Mail but who knows.

The people who are actually in a position to know will be excluded from purchasing any shares (except perhaps the ones they qualify for through working for the RM). That's certainly how it happens in most cases anyway.

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 19:33 ----------

How do I buy Royal Mail shares?

Google it, it can all be done on t'web with your debit card. At the moment there are no guarantee's that you'll get the amount you ask for. Minimum purchase £750, no refunds, sold as seen.

The people who are actually in a position to know will be excluded from purchasing any shares (except perhaps the ones they qualify for through working for the RM). That's certainly how it happens in most cases anyway.
god cyclone are you really so nieve:suspect: people excluded from buying shares have friends/colleagues/etc who given the nod know when to buy . its happening all the time but now at least more and more are getting caught out. so you can rightly say its still happening :roll:

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 19:33 ----------

Google it, it can all be done on t'web with your debit card. At the moment there are no guarantee's that you'll get the amount you ask for. Minimum purchase £750, no refunds, sold as seen.

I may have a go. Anyone else thinking of purchasing some?

god cyclone are you really so nieve:suspect: people excluded from buying shares have friends/colleagues/etc who given the nod know when to buy . its happening all the time but now at least more and more are getting caught out. so you can rightly say its still happening :roll:

The only thing they can do for their friends at the moment is either say "buy them, or don't". That's not the definition of insider trading.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 07:32 ----------

I may have a go. Anyone else thinking of purchasing some?

I've bought some, or applied anyway.

Archived