Eckington power cuts!

Does anywhere else suffer with a lot of power cuts, we've lived here for 11 years and never I have I known so many power cuts as we have had for the last few years, when we get them the power can be on and off every few minutes 3 or 4 times and then off for a few hours.

When we have phoned up before we have had all sorts of reasons, trees hitting lines, bad connections, switching? Surely these issues should be resolved for good.

Just wondered if other areas suffer as well? Managed to get this on before the next one.

---------- Post added 28-09-2013 at 10:15 ----------

There it goes again.

I've just spoken to western power who apparently supply our area and asked him why we have so many, he has said he will get a manager to look into it and give me ring he went on to say we have had more than our fair share, and told me the records show in excess of 30 power cuts since 2006 not sure if these are individual cuts or individual days today power has been off 4 times so far.

IF you have more than four cuts in something like 18 months you can start hitting the power companies for a refund - they won't tell you this but if enough people start claiming it then it'll appear on their reporting and they may start doing something about it... it does have to be off for at least three hours each time though...

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/wales/consumer_w/consumer_energy_and_water_supply_e/consumer_energy_supply_e/if_your_gas_or_electricity_goes_off_e/claiming_compensation_when_your_gas_or_electricity_goes_off.htm

Archived