MyHermes courier and their bungling

Has anyone else used them? I have, many times and until recently they have always been efficient. Maybe I've just been extra lucky, because they get a lot of flak on the internet.

On the 18th Sept I wrapped a small parcel really well (a PS2), attached the address label/barcode securely and sent it to the customer via the parcelshop service. By about the 20th I just checked Myhermes tracking system and it showed that I had sent the item, it had gone through a few processes and it was at their ''sorting hub'' (presumably near to the customer?)

Days later there still wasn't any further info- the signature from the customer. So I rang Myhermes and explained, and they said they would send a message to their hub to physically look for the parcel, which I had described, and they would ring me the next day. No call the next day.

Several emails later, each ignoring my parcel description and still asking the same thing, I have heard nothing and now over the weekend they are presumably not looking for this missing parcel.

So does it sound like they 'lost' the parcel, or that some temp driver/sorter stole it?

Has anyone else used them? I have, many times and until recently they have always been efficient. Maybe I've just been extra lucky, because they get a lot of flak on the internet.

On the 18th Sept I wrapped a small parcel really well (a PS2), attached the address label/barcode securely and sent it to the customer via the parcelshop service. By about the 20th I just checked Myhermes tracking system and it showed that I had sent the item, it had gone through a few processes and it was at their ''sorting hub'' (presumably near to the customer?)

Days later there still wasn't any further info- the signature from the customer. So I rang Myhermes and explained, and they said they would send a message to their hub to physically look for the parcel, which I had described, and they would ring me the next day. No call the next day.

Several emails later, each ignoring my parcel description and still asking the same thing, I have heard nothing and now over the weekend they are presumably not looking for this missing parcel.

So does it sound like they 'lost' the parcel, or that some temp driver/sorter stole it?

It sounds like its been 'misplaced' which usually means stolen. Contact the Police for a flollow up if they don't recompensate you. Theft is a criminal offence.

Aha, better known as My Herpes, yes I've have a nightmare with them in the past. The signed for service is great, the sender pays for the service and the recipient namely me comes in from work to find the said parcel on my step - signed for apparently by me!!!! erm no, this has happened on more than one occasion, one item I never received at all.

Recently they forced a packaged onto my parents next door neighbour, now whilst the address was correct the name wasn't, the driver wasn't having it so in the end I took the parcel and demanded compense otherwise they could explain to the sender what their driver had done - guess what they didn't care....what does that tell you about their customer service:huh:

I've used them for about 6 months @ about 15 parcels a week and in all fairness I've not had one issue with them apart from a customer sending me a sink (pot) in what could only be explained as a crisp packet..zero protection. P2G offered me compensation even though they do say in their terms no glass/porcelain etc.

RM now they are a different animal. I'm sure their employment criteria is "must have criminal record".

I've used Hermes quite a bit tbh and never had an issue but 9 times out of 10 it's to the same address.

Hermes don't employ their drivers directly. The delivery agents are self-employed sub-contractors so it's a case of pot luck whether you get a good one or not I suppose.

I know a couple of their drivers. It depends which area you live in. The S2 lady who delivers is very good.

I live near that Goals place, S2, but usually go to Parcelshops, not have them collected, as I'm at work.

I've used Hermes quite a bit tbh and never had an issue but 9 times out of 10 it's to the same address.

Hermes don't employ their drivers directly. The delivery agents are self-employed sub-contractors so it's a case of pot luck whether you get a good one or not I suppose.

Doesn't inspire much confidence. I am keen to hear what excuse they have for my parcel missing/stolen soon! :rant:

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 23:50 ----------

It sounds like its been 'misplaced' which usually means stolen. Contact the Police for a flollow up if they don't recompensate you. Theft is a criminal offence.

But would the cops bother doing anything- I have no proof of theft?

Archived