Engagement Presents

Ducky1

If it was me I would wait until their wedding. Once gave a cash present to a relative as a gift at their engagement party. But they called the engagement off. She has since been engaged another two times.

Maybe something personalised with their names on? Or the date that he/she proposed? http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/gifts/shop-by-occasion/engagement

• 1 month later...

When we got engaged we got a range of gifts given to us including champagne, wine, chocolates, vouchers, things for the house (ie. random but very cool cushions & door stop, vase, wine galsses) and money to put towards the wedding!

How about some quirky slightly tongue in cheek his & hers towels / bathrobes / slippers / anoraks????!!

Once gave a cash present to a relative as a gift at their engagement party. But they called the engagement off. She has since been engaged another two times.

You gave someone a cash gift and they didn't return it when they called off the engagement and you're cool with that?

So I just tell everyone I'm engaged and that's it?

How have I never heard of this amazing money spinner before.

You gave someone a cash gift and they didn't return it when they called off the engagement and you're cool with that?

So I just tell everyone I'm engaged and that's it?

How have I never heard of this amazing money spinner before.

No not really. For her second engagement she got as far as ordering bespoke invites, never saw the money for the stock I order in too.

But she is an in-law and I feel it is not really my place to be asking, more my husbands. My husband is not the sort of person to ask though, doesn't like to rock the boat. If it was someone directly related to me I wouldn't have had a problem asking, me and my husband are completely different in that respect. I tend to tell it like it is, where he tends to worry about upsetting people.

No not really. For her second engagement she got as far as ordering bespoke invites, never saw the money for the stock I order in too.

But she is an in-law and I feel it is not really my place to be asking, more my husbands. My husband is not the sort of person to ask though, doesn't like to rock the boat. If it was someone directly related to me I wouldn't have had a problem asking, me and my husband are completely different in that respect. I tend to tell it like it is, where he tends to worry about upsetting people.

That is some cheek. She clearly isn't concerned about upsetting you guys. I hope you don't hand over any more gifts or arrange further printing services without full payment in advance for this inconsiderate individual.

Archived