Scrolling Messages In The Back Window Of A Car?

Even then you might still get into trouble.

I'm thinking along the lines of:

Driving at night, some eejit is riding your bumper so you flick the sign on

a few cars back is unmarked plod (could even be marked, in the dark it's hard to see)

They see sign light up, and go and investigate.

Oh, Pete, here's a new one...'POLICE' :D

Ummmm...yeah...I think you might get in trouble displaying that one!..haha

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 10:46 ----------

Even then you might still get into trouble.

I'm thinking along the lines of:

Driving at night, some eejit is riding your bumper so you flick the sign on

a few cars back is unmarked plod (could even be marked, in the dark it's hard to see)

They see sign light up, and go and investigate.

I do get your drift Geared...and of course you have a valid point. Given the circumstances you describe and subsequently getting pulled, I'm sure common sense would prevail, if you explained why it was there and the purpose it served. Or maybe not...I dunno!

The thread is a bit of fun!...Lighten up! I didn't say I was buying one and definitely going to use it! ;)

Good grief "therascal"....such a killjoy!!!!...hahhha....But I'm sure even with all those regulations, it could be argued that that the sign was not a lamp...Yeah I know...it's a bit thin....I wonder how many traffic officers would enforce it? Do they have their sense of humour surgically removed upon appointment?

Anyway....I just thought of a couple more.

"Caution ... Grumpy git on board"

"Screaming children NOT on board, so I can actually concentrate on driving"

No not a killjoy at all. Some years back in the 90's I had a light bar fitted in the rear window of a Peugeot, double function stop light/indicator, the indicator section gave a ripple effect light from centre outward to which way you were turning, got pulled over by the police and made to remove the light unit there and then or face a fine. Bought it from a car parts shop so thought it was fine to fit it but obviously I was wrong.

No not a killjoy at all. Some years back in the 90's I had a light bar fitted in the rear window of a Peugeot, double function stop light/indicator, the indicator section gave a ripple effect light from centre outward to which way you were turning, got pulled over by the police and made to remove the light unit there and then or face a fine. Bought it from a car parts shop so thought it was fine to fit it but obviously I was wrong.

A classic case of over zealous coppers I think. But it's not the same as a scrolling message turned on, as and when!

A classic case of over zealous coppers I think. But it's not the same as a scrolling message turned on, as and when!

I think the problem with the police is, do as I say not as I do. Example, an ordinary motorist while driving can't have a tv screen switched on in his view, but yet they have a ruddy great video screen in the centre of the dashboard, in full view showing what they are recording.

I think the problem with the police is, do as I say not as I do. Example, an ordinary motorist while driving can't have a tv screen switched on in his view, but yet they have a ruddy great video screen in the centre of the dashboard, in full view showing what they are recording.

Ummmm...yes I agree.....I was in Doncaster on Sunday, and heard a police siren wailing....all the traffic moved over to let him pass....there was another police vehicle about 10 cars in front ...when he got there...he turned off his lights and sirens, and ambled along behind the other police vehicle!...I was slightly puzzled to say the least....all of a sudden neither of them were in any hurry! :suspect:

Archived