Service frequency timing chain corsa Sri

Advise required going to have the cyclinder head gasket replaced on my 2004, corsa Sri 61k, I know it's good practice to change the chain triming chain and you can get a kit, but is it necessary what mileage should the chain be replaced.?

Change a timing belt yes, but if its a chain at 61k its a waste of money. When i had my Vectra i was a bit naive thinking it had a timing belt and when i enquired at Vauxhall about having it changed they told me the engine was fitted with a timing chain not a belt and only needed attention if it became noisy.

Have a 54 reg Corsa which I bought from a Main Vauxhall dealer four years ago.

Took it in to them for a minor repair soon after purchased & was told that it needed a new timing chain kit at a cost of around £499 fitted. They said the noise should have been picked up at the last service - they themselves carried out the last service before putting it on display for sale!! Managed to get it done by them free of charge under an extended warranty they persuaded me to buy when I bought the vehicle from them, although this warranty only covered broken items.

I now go to a local reliable repairer who told me that a noisy timing chain on start up is a common problem with the Corsa models of this vintage

like emperor ming said,not worth the risk not changing,could i ask why u changing headgasket?

Yes the plastic connector on the water pump broke, replaced with a brass one form vauxhall £12.00, took the plugs out for checking and there's water in no 3 piston chamber, having a local garage repair it, so why the heads off having them do the pump & Chain chain at the same time,

Looking to sell the car after, looking for a Astra, Punto etc

Unsure what price to ask for?

Archived