Renting- Crucible Estate Agents worries

We are a young couple, first time renters with Crucible Homes. We paid £170 (application fee) on September 9th, and as of yet we are to be told any offical move in dates , or anything else even though we have been chasing them by phone on numerous occasions but each enquiry they insist they will call us back.

Our references were accepted over 2 weeks ago now, they finally left us a voicemail on wed saying the landlord just has to do a gas check and we will be contacted asap, is this normal procedure or is this taking the mick for 170 quid??

HELP

I'm a current tenant with crucible .I've been in my current flat for just over a year now. For comparison, I've also rented in Sheffield with a private landlord and also blundells over the last 5 years.

Their fees are a bit steep but I've found them pretty good to be honest. Certainly better than any other letting agent i've used (but i'd always prefer direct with a landlord I get on with). They've not tried to stick me with any random charges later on. I've found their communication generally good and and I was able to move in pretty fast when I first came.

Personally I trust them.

I'd guess they're chasing the landlord on stuff.

Archived