Tories claim marriage makes for a stable society.

Definitely, but the implication of this

the fact that they've also reduced legal aid means more couples won't be able to afford divorce, especially where children are concerned.

Was that divorce is expensive. It doesn't need to be, it's only expensive if it's acrimonious.

Legal aid should never have been used for divorce IMO, if it ever was.

Why is it amazing?

Because it's a contradiction. If you believe that marriage is a staple of society and it's decline it's a sad thing which we should try and reverse (as I do) it's surely logical to open marriage up to gay people. Love is love. And allowing gay people to get married in a state sanctioned registry office and any religious building which wants to. Just a no-brainer

But the same thing could be argued that it weakens marriage by allowing men to marry men and women to marry women which goes against the traditional idea of what marriage is.

I just don't see how allowing a loving gay couple to get a married. Weakens the institution of marriage. I'm a big fan of marriage that's why I supported Gay marriage.

I just don't see how allowing a loving gay couple to get a married. Weakens the institution of marriage. I'm a big fan of marriage that's why I supported Gay marriage.

exactly that!! it does weaken every part of marriage & society ,its not , and never can be a marriage, whats next 2 dogs getting married?? marriage is the shell in which to make a family, children and a home!! call it what you like a civil partnership etc but not marriage, normal married couples do make for a stable society as on the whole they want to care for their children and work hard to do that.

Whats with your signature talking about about your wife, are you fantasizing or lying?

it wasnt me that termed it, it was one of the trolls on here that said it about me, i thought it quite humerous

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 12:39 ----------

Technically she's not your missus, what you scared of? it all going pair shaped? go on make an honest women of her. If it was going to go pear shaped I'm pretty sure it would have done so by now :hihi:

There is also the advantage of not having to be mr and mrs smith when you stay in a hotel ;):hihi::hihi:

im not scared of anything, just i dont believe in marriage, its all down to

A: religion

B: in the eyes of the law

C: tradition

personally speaking i can live without A and C, and B can take a running jump too in regards to this topic

as i said weve been together a hell of a lot longer than most marriages do, a lot more stable and i bet in a lot of cases better for society

some get married and split up within two years

exactly that!! it does weaken every part of marriage & society ,its not , and never can be a marriage, whats next 2 dogs getting married?? marriage is the shell in which to make a family, children and a home!! call it what you like a civil partnership etc but not marriage, normal married couples do make for a stable society as on the whole they want to care for their children and work hard to do that.

I just don't get how a gay couple who love each other and want to commit damage society because they get married.

Archived