Tories claim marriage makes for a stable society.

not here no thanks! civil partnership fine but marriage no ...its a bit more attention seeking:roll:

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 20:26 ----------

doubt we will ever read it but if we do then the country really has gone down the pan:roll:

stable families come from a husband and a wife not two husbands!!!! the poor kids having to explain at school heres my daddy and daddy or heres my mummy and mummy:loopy:

and whats wrong with same sex couples having kids ??? I know a couple ( women) who have 2 daughters, both have excellent jobs, one owns her own building company .the other is a top barrister in London, none of them got stigma at school at all, and they are both very proud of their parents, don't knock it till you have tried it I say :rant:

doubt we will ever read it but if we do then the country really has gone down the pan:roll:

As JFKvsNixon already mentioned, the proposals include same sex marriages and civil partnerships. The Daily Mail just hasn't realised the implications yet.

I totally support the idea of two parents being the ideal, however I definitely have a few problems with this one.

- it's grossly unfair

- it's supposed to be about children, well a lot of married couples don't have or want children, while a lot of loving, committed cohabiting couple do have children but don't want to get married, and why should they?

- how are we paying for this?!

- who in hell gets married for a tax break? No one.

- is there ever going to be a couple anywhere who's having difficulties, but works it out for the sake of a tax break? No. If a couple can't keep it together for their children they sure as hell aren't going to keep it together for the sake of a small amount of money. So basically it simply won't actually work in the social engineering way they want it to anyway.

- putting a monetary incentive on marriage, I feel actually de-values it. It makes it something that's just a practical thing like choosing a BOGOF offer at Asda or something

In short it's just a crappy publicity stunt designed to appeal to old fashioned muppets and god botherers. Cameron should just do one.

I totally support the idea of two parents being the ideal, however I definitely have a few problems with this one.

- it's grossly unfair

- it's supposed to be about children, well a lot of married couples don't have or want children, while a lot of loving, committed cohabiting couple do have children but don't want to get married, and why should they?

- how are we paying for this?!

- is there ever going to be a couple anywhere who's having difficulties, but works it out for the sake of a tax break? No. If a couple can't keep it together for their children they sure as hell aren't going to keep it together for the sake of a small amount of money. So basically it simply won't actually work in the social engineering way they want it to anyway.

- putting a monetary incentive on marriage, I feel actually de-values it. It makes it something that's just a practical thing like choosing a BOGOF offer at Asda or something

In short it's just a crappy publicity stunt designed to appeal to old fashioned muppets and god botherers. Cameron should just do one.

Loads of people alter their decisions for gain-it is the basis of economic decisions.I think there will be a run on church space if this goes through.I am afraid not everyone has your moral qualities,and I include myself in the category

Correct. Most people get married because they want too.

You do realise that working married men used to get tax relief? I think it was abolished when tax credits were introduced, so technically they are only reintroducing something that was taken away, but in a different form.

Loads of people alter their decisions for gain-it is the basis of economic decisions.I think there will be a run on church space if this goes through.I am afraid not everyone has your moral qualities,and I include myself in the category

Whilst what you say is true, the decision is a large one and the incentive involved is a small one. I predict that it will make no difference at all.

The proposals include same sex marriages and civil partnerships.

Good !

not here no thanks! civil partnership fine but marriage no ...its a bit more attention seeking:roll:

Then surely a heterosexual couple wanting to get married is attention seeking also ?

Archived