Russell Brand and the Westboro Baptists

Came across this fantastic interview where Russell Brand is generous and thoughtful with his questions to two members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who are well known for their views on homosexuality.

Introduced to several gay blokes, the Baptists lambast them and tell them they're going to hell because of their lifestyle.

Brand (Fag, pimp Brand), questions the relevance/significance of the scripture they refer to about man lying with man, against other parts which counsel tolerance and love for one another.

The Bible does seem to be unequivocal regarding homosexuality, so is it possible to be a gay Christian or Christian and not denounce homosexuality?

you just happened to "come across" it while searching for homosexual videos on youtube? hmmm?

heh

:blush::blush::blush:

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 15:54 ----------

You're such a **** stirrer BF:hihi::hihi:

Edit: Please pardon the pun.

Forgive me skinz..I couldn't help meself, it's such a shame the firebreathers of old aren't around to take the bait anymore :(

Came across this fantastic interview where Russell Brand is generous and thoughtful with his questions to two members of the Westboro Baptist Church, who are well known for their views on homosexuality.

Introduced to several gay blokes, the Baptists lambast them and tell them they're going to hell because of their lifestyle.

Brand (Fag, pimp Brand), questions the relevance/significance of the scripture they refer to about man lying with man, against other parts which counsel tolerance and love for one another.

The Bible does seem to be unequivocal regarding homosexuality, so is it possible to be a gay Christian or Christian and not denounce homosexuality?

Yeah and we all know which parts they are :hihi:

Bloody hell, this thread's not got off to a good start has it? :D

Be patient my son, be patient.

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 16:14 ----------

If the vid link was watched did anyone notice anything significant to both arguments being put forward?

Bloody hell, this thread's not got off to a good start has it? :D

I'm surprised nobody's been on slagging Brand off yet just because they dislike him. That's the usual thing to happen whenever he's mentioned.

Haven't had to time to watch the video yet but I've started liking him ever since he came around from his years of ******* his life away, he's shown he can be an intelligent man with considerable reasoning and rationality (in most cases)

I liked the Paxman interview :D

Archived