Russell Brand and the Westboro Baptists

same with the book of Leviticus then, its written by man not God.

We agree. :)

He wasn't too kind and thoughtful towards Manuel

Almost as cruel and thoughtless as not being bothered enough to learn a man's name.

How empty that bubble of moral posture seems after it has popped.

If the vid link was watched did anyone notice anything significant to both arguments being put forward?

I think the best way to deal with idiots like that is to make fun of them, just as he di.

Agreed.

Comedy unlike debate doesn't give the issue any gravitas, it tends to argue the clear stupidity of it, and usually succinctly.

If you believe The Bible is literally God's opinion, then the Westboro Baptist Church can only be correct.

What about the bits where the bible contradicts itself?

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. -Romans 1:26-27"

versus

"Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. -Romans 14:13"

So gay marriage is OK according to the bible? At least Romans 14:13.

What about the bits where the bible contradicts itself?

"For this reason God gave them over to degrading passions; for their women exchanged the natural function for that which is unnatural, and in the same way also the men abandoned the natural function of the woman and burned in their desire toward one another, men with men committing indecent acts and receiving in their own persons the due penalty of their error. -Romans 1:26-27"

versus

"Therefore let us stop passing judgment on one another. Instead, make up your mind not to put any stumbling block or obstacle in the way of a brother or sister. -Romans 14:13"

So gay marriage is OK according to the bible? At least Romans 14:13.

The bible also says I can have a slave(s) and I will go to hell for mixing fabrics.

Deuteronomy 22:11

11You shall not wear a garment of different sorts, as of woolen and linen together

I'm not saying the bible is all nonsense, I'm sure it's got lots about being a nice person but it's got some stuff which hasn't dated very well.

Archived