Up to 50 students shot as they slept in suspected muslim attack.

vinyl

Yes I agree all religions are guilty of violence in the name of their God.

But how do you know it doesn't exist and to worship that which doesn't exist must be boarding on insanity.

So there are either billions of insane people, which is a tad worrying.

Or

There are billions of people that worship a God that is all powerful and all knowing as well as violent, and uncaring. Also a tad worrying.

There's a big difference between religions which killed people in the middle ages, and ones that do it in the modern world.

Is there, what is that difference, do they worship a different God?

You would have thought if there were a god he would have mentioned it to those poor devils on the other side of the planet who missed out on their chance to go to Paradise simply by an accident of Geography.

There again I would have thought he might have mentioned it a few million years earlier in order to saving millions of folk worshiping moons, pharoahs, fish, shooting starts, thunder etc expecting to get into heaven on the back of their futile devotion to the wrong team.

There again why doesn't the real god give his team better weapons with which to smite down those worshiping the wrong god. That would be a clear indication of the truth if they suddenly turned up with a mega death ray.

You would have thought if there were a god he would have mentioned it to those poor devils on the other side of the planet who missed out on their chance to go to Paradise simply by an accident of Geography.

There again I would have thought he might have mentioned it a few million years earlier in order to saving millions of folk worshiping moons, pharoahs, fish, shooting starts, thunder etc expecting to get into heaven on the back of their futile devotion to the wrong team.

There again why doesn't the real god give his team better weapons with which to smite down those worshiping the wrong god. That would be a clear indication of the truth if they suddenly turned up with a mega death ray.

That doesn't answer the poster's question.

Why don't you let them decide that or state your own point of view if you think it is better then THEY can consider the options?

They asked a simple question based on a statement you made suggesting that there was a difference between religions now compared to religions in the middle ages.

They wanted to know if you believed the god they worship has changed. You replied by questioning the existence of God-that didn't address the question.

They asked a simple question based on a statement you made suggesting that there was a difference between religions now compared to religions in the middle ages.

They wanted to know if you believed the god they worship has changed. You replied by questioning the existence of God-that didn't address the question.

No they didn't. You just made that up.

i dont know it doesnt exist, im guessing

we'll all find out at one point in our lives...........death, till then i cant prove it anyway

I see it this way. If you die and there is nothing you won't know you were right. If you were wrong then you've got some explaining to do to whoever assigns you where to go. maybe its better to hedge your bets, even if it means singing a hymn or two from time to time. That's why the only parishioners you see in church are old folks.:hihi:

I see it this way. If you die and there is nothing you won't know you were right. If you were wrong then you've got some explaining to do to whoever assigns you where to go. maybe its better to hedge your bets, even if it means singing a hymn or two from time to time. That's why the only parishioners you see in church are old folks.:hihi:

And the greedy nasty sods that are desperate for forgiveness, my way of looking it, is if you lead a good life but don't believe in God and God tells you to pisss off when you arrive at his door, then its not the kind of place I would want to stay anyway. :)

maybe its better to hedge your bets, even if it means singing a hymn or two from time to time.

Pascal's wager is possibly the most hollow reason for going to Church. If God wants his followers with no conviction to belief, he truly does have a flock of sheep.

Archived