What Was The Big Demo In Manchester About Today?

I would like to know how many of the "50,000" there today were private sector workers. And how many were net contributors to the exchequer. My guess would be 5% and 0.005%

Can't you find out on twitter?

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 22:43 ----------

The public sector's "hard fought gains" are at the expense of us, the hard-working private sector tax payer.

Who spend their time posting on internet forums.

I had to pass through Manchester today and had to avoid a demo.

It looked huge, we didn't really see the main part of it, but must've been about 50 thousand people there.

What were they demonstrating about? I'm surprised that I didn't hear anything on the news.

It was mainly a demonstration against the quiet privatisation of NHS services going on at the moment and most of the people there were NHS staff.

And as for why the media decided to pretend it wasn't happening? Well the excuse of the BBC Chief Political Correspondent was that the conference security told them they couldn't film it (which G4S have denied) which is frankly a crap excuse considering the BBC News headquarters are in Salford.

It took thousands of tweets directed at the BBC and several hours to get them to even admit that something was happening and even then it was only 30 seconds.

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 23:00 ----------

The public sector's "hard fought gains" are at the expense of us, the hard-working private sector tax payer.

Anyone who calls themselves a hard-working private sector tax payer is almost certainly fiddling their taxes.

It was mainly a demonstration against the quiet privatisation of NHS services going on at the moment and most of the people there were NHS staff.

And as for why the media decided to pretend it wasn't happening? Well the excuse of the BBC Chief Political Correspondent was that the conference security told them they couldn't film it (which G4S have denied) which is frankly a crap excuse considering the BBC News headquarters are in Salford.

It took thousands of tweets directed at the BBC and several hours to get them to even admit that something was happening and even then it was only 30 seconds.

It has already disappeared from the front page of the website.

The footage of the soldiers inside the conference who heckled Phillip Hammond, failed to show them getting ejected.

The Sky News website has it all though. Pretty spineless stuff from the BBC. And disgraceful conduct from the Government too.

---------- Post added 29-09-2013 at 23:04 ----------

I would like to know how many of the "50,000" there today were private sector workers. And how many were net contributors to the exchequer. My guess would be 5% and 0.005%

I'm a Public Sector worker and a net contributor to the Exchequer.

You can work that one out in your own time. When you aren't too busy grafting to pay my pension (which actually pays for itself btw).

I'm a Public Sector worker and a net contributor to the Exchequer.

You can work that one out in your own time. When you aren't too busy grafting to pay my pension (which actually pays for itself btw).

How does your pension "pay for itself"?

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 00:49 ----------

Anyone who calls themselves a hard-working private sector tax payer is almost certainly fiddling their taxes.

At least they contribute, unlike the public sector lot who just take take take, then moan that they haven't been allowed to take enough.

Archived