What Was The Big Demo In Manchester About Today?

How can he work for the public sector? he's on here all the time.

He claimed that he used to work for benefits fraud department. Though rails against public sector workers. Complains that immigrants have undermined the bargainning power of the working man but hates unions, especially middle class ones. Presumably he means those representing workers in the DWP fraud section :roll:

....If you believe him....

But Labour are the "nice" party. They only do "nice" things. Even when they seem to be "nasty" they are really "nice". Not like these "nasty" Tories. They are just "nasty" all the time. Even when they do things like reduce income tax for the lowest paid, they are being "nasty".

then take twice as much away from the poor with the other hand because the poor bankers are short a few bob and after all the millionaires could do with a quick handout as well, dont forget their graspping hands. Oh, and what about all those rich bods with their snouts in the trough, dont want those to be left out either do we?

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 13:40 ----------

Ahh, it must have been this one - rather makes my point that coverage was so minimal and brief it was difficult to get much information from it.

at least the media have reluctantly admitted it WAS in this country!!

But Labour are the "nice" party. They only do "nice" things. Even when they seem to be "nasty" they are really "nice". Not like these "nasty" Tories. They are just "nasty" all the time. Even when they do things like reduce income tax for the lowest paid, they are being "nasty".

That's because it was a Lib Dem policy. The Tories didn't have anything about raising the tax threshold to £10K in their last manifesto.

How exactly do the Tories "take twice as much away from the poor". How many poor people in this country have more money taken from them by the government than they recieve from the government?

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 13:50 ----------

That's because it was a Lib Dem policy. The Tories didn't have anything about raising the tax threshold to £10K in their last manifesto.

The Tories are the majority party in government. They could have blocked it if need be. The Tories are generally in favour of reducing taxes for everyone.

---------- Post added 30-09-2013 at 13:52 ----------

He claimed that he used to work for benefits fraud department. Though rails against public sector workers. Complains that immigrants have undermined the bargainning power of the working man but hates unions, especially middle class ones. Presumably he means those representing workers in the DWP fraud section :roll:

....If you believe him....

I worked for the benefit fraud section nearly 10 years ago. We took allegations by phone, by post and occasionally in person. Entered all the details into the computer system which gave points according to how much information there was. If there was enough points (21, IIRC) we set up a case file for the investigators to investigate. Not sure what else I can tell you about it, but I did work there, for about a year.

The Tories are the majority party in government. They could have blocked it if need be. The Tories are generally in favour of reducing taxes for everyone.

My point stands though. People know it wasn't the Tory's who came up with the idea and so, quite reasonably, won't give them credit for it. In the same way that there will be few people praising the Lib Dems for the married/civil partnership tax allowance.

Maybe there is a cover up on this story. I found a news article about the demo and posted it on Facebook last night. It was there this morning and several of my friends (real ones and Facebook ones) had reposted it. I get in this evening and it's been removed.

:suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect::suspect:

Maybe there is a cover up on this story. I found a news article about the demo and posted it on Facebook last night. It was there this morning and several of my friends (real ones and Facebook ones) had reposted it. I get in this evening and it's been removed.

:suspect::suspect:

Someone posted it on my FB and my girlfriend's wall too, last night, still there, just checked. It must be just you, mate. They're watching you :cool::cool:

Maybe the Tories have subverted the lefties at the Beeb?

PS overkill on the icons, had to delete a few to be able to post this.

Someone posted it on my FB and my girlfriend's wall too, last night, still there, just checked. It must be just you, mate. They're watching you :cool::cool:

Maybe the Tories have subverted the lefties at the Beeb?

What would something disappearing from Facebook have to do with the Beeb?

The Beeb's report is still here.

Archived